• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep a recipe for a big bust up one day and when Chancellors and PM's fall out they are both in big trouble politically.
PM's & Chancellors normally fallout in the end.

Mr Jinx

Do you feel the same way regarding general crime?
It's a tough one isn't it.

Someone commits a murder a month before his 18th birthday, compared to someone who does the same a month after he turns 18.

Should they get treated completely differently? I guess the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

angelic upstart

It's a tough one isn't it.

Someone commits a murder a month before his 18th birthday, compared to someone who does the same a month after he turns 18.

Should they get treated completely differently? I guess the line needs to be drawn somewhere.
Oddly, I know of one murder of a homeless lady in Plymouth where the police allegedly waited a few weeks to arrest the murderer so they could have him in an adult court. Flo Seccombe was her name.

As with everything, nothing is black and white.

tavyred

EU dropping its animal husbandry standards below those of the U.K.
Worrying stuff.

DB9

5 years ago today the UK voted to leave the EU, We spent nearly 4 years since with a Parliament not wanting to inact the result and only 6 months actually out of the EU, After spending a time in "Transition" How are we doing? One hand I hear about "Great Trade Deals" and on the other we see Fishermen, Hauliers, Farmers and the Hospitality Industry all thinking life is becoming harder. Any ideas?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor old Sturge. Even getting stick from Twitterers for congratulating the Scotland team.

One said: "Is it true you've called for a replay next week?"

Another critic reckons she'll be on TV claiming "we were dragged out of the Euros against our will".

Mr Jinx

5 years ago today the UK voted to leave the EU, We spent nearly 4 years since with a Parliament not wanting to inact the result and only 6 months actually out of the EU, After spending a time in "Transition" How are we doing? One hand I hear about "Great Trade Deals" and on the other we see Fishermen, Hauliers, Farmers and the Hospitality Industry all thinking life is becoming harder. Any ideas?
Ideas are difficult when Covid is clouding everything.

As I said at the time, one end of the argument thinks it's all happy days and sunlit uplands, the other doom, gloom & despair.

The reality, as always, is that it'll probably end up landing somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

Poor old Sturge. Even getting stick from Twitterers for congratulating the Scotland team.

One said: "Is it true you've called for a replay next week?"

Another critic reckons she'll be on TV claiming "we were dragged out of the Euros against our will".
Yes, she'll be demanding that their games be re-run.

<Don't Come Home Tooooo Sooooooooon!>

DB9

Ideas are difficult when Covid is clouding everything.

As I said at the time, one end of the argument thinks it's all happy days and sunlit uplands, the other doom, gloom & despair.

The reality, as always, is that it'll probably end up landing somewhere in the middle.
One thing that didn't help was between 2016-19, Parliament showed themselves as they knew better and a vote by Joe Public which Parliament disagreed on, They didn't like it one bit.

Mr Jinx

One thing that didn't help was between 2016-19, Parliament showed themselves as they knew better and a vote by Joe Public which Parliament disagreed on, They didn't like it one bit.
Indeed. It was nothing short of disgraceful. But looking back to be expected I guess as 80% of MPs from all sides were Remainers.

I hope they've learnt that thwarting the will of the people is a risky game.