• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The more I see it the more I think that red card was very unfair. Yellow.

Mr Jinx

I felt it was extremely harsh tbh. There was absolutely no malice in it, just very slightly mistimed. I've seen a bit worse only get a yellow.

What didn't help was the Italian going down like he'd been shot. But hey, whatdya expect?!

A real shame, because I felt he'd done pretty well up to them...and I've never really rated him that highly.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stepped on the upper part of the Italians foot.If that's a red in any age of the game,then rules need a complete revision. I see when Sterling got his foot trod on in the Scotland match in the penalty box ,the ref didn't even give a foul.
VAR is there and it could be used to standardise the punishments for fouls.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps gets his own song on Crouchy's show tonight to Agadoo - now he's getting somewhere !
Could be that he plays v England in Semis !
UTC

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps chant at 19:19:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Might be controversial but am I the only one who doesn't think Amps will go on to become a Premiership level star? He looks a good Championship player but I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelski sell in next 18 months?

Banksy

Might be controversial but am I the only one who doesn't think Amps will go on to become a Premiership level star? He looks a good Championship player but I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelski sell in next 18 months?
Which would only be good for City I think , add ons and all that.

Trapdoor

You aren't the only one. He's not premiership standard currently. Whether or not he can step up to the level required in the next 4-5 years remains to be seen

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given he played in 25 premiership games last season - and only missed more due to injury - I believe he can state he is premiership quality

it’s whether he can crack his way into a big 6 premiership side which is harder than making many national sides

his absence was definitely noticed today as wales lost heavily

Pobbop

Given he played in 25 premiership games last season - and only missed more due to injury - I believe he can state he is premiership quality

it’s whether he can crack his way into a big 6 premiership side which is harder than making many national sides

his absence was definitely noticed today as wales lost heavily
Yeah, he already is a Prem player, so a bit odd, anyway do think it's a big season next year, will Tuchel like him, will he go on Loan, what level will he go on loan too? Personally think whatever he does he should try to establish an actual position he plays, ATM, he seems to float between defensive mid, and central defender, not sure that's helping his development, pick a position and play there.