• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Captain

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hartridge. Has been the captain for the U23s.
I wondered about this ... and then remembered that MT said Hartridge wasn't to take attacking long throws, because Hartridge had to concentrate on his defensive duties and shouldn't be 'distracted' by taking long throws. Captaincy would be quite a distraction...

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
From all transfers out likely to be an unknown captain unless MJ stays.

Red Devon

From all transfers out likely to be an unknown captain unless MJ stays.
By know means certain MJ will stay from what Matt said a few weeks ago.

jimmy

I know that MT has said it is likely to be an incomer. However, as we can't comment on many of those at the minute, I feel the arm band should go to Archie Collins.

One of our own and now he is more than an established first teamer..he is ready for the responsibility.

He was given the number 10 shirt and has gone from a giggling school boy in his interviews to a man with a real desire to win, get better and force those around him to step up too.

He is ready and I think this leadership will benefit his development and the clubs.

jimmy

A final point to add is that with the huge turn over of players this year..Archie will keep the DNA of ECFC.........IMHO!

IndoMike

By know means certain MJ will stay from what Matt said a few weeks ago.
MJ ain't going nowhere. He's Exeter City, period, and doing nicely with us.

grecIAN Harris

I know that MT has said it is likely to be an incomer. However, as we can't comment on many of those at the minute, I feel the arm band should go to Archie Collins.

One of our own and now he is more than an established first teamer..he is ready for the responsibility.

He was given the number 10 shirt and has gone from a giggling school boy in his interviews to a man with a real desire to win, get better and force those around him to step up too.

He is ready and I think this leadership will benefit his development and the clubs.
No chance. Archie needs the shackles of playing the holding role released from him and be allowed to play his more natural game not be shackled with more responsibility. I don't think he's Captain materiel any way. If any of The Academy players are ready for it then it's Hartridge but personally I don't think the captain is in the club yet.

Redarrow

Archie Collins

dontpassback

George Friend ?

Archie or Matt Jay