• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
1:1 Halftime at Edgeley Park
Finished 2-2.

If Sutton beat Hartlepool next Sunday they are pretty much up with their superior goal difference.

Red Devon

Finished 2-2.

If Sutton beat Hartlepool next Sunday they are pretty much up with their superior goal difference.
Looking that way.....one more win should just about do it for Sutton

ignore .......

Last edited:
I am damn sure that it is the ambition of every footballer to play at Wembley, and the playing of finals and playoffs there gives the chance. Just because we have had a run of games there don't knock it, rejoice ! Tiverton Town played two FA Vase finals there, do you think that their players or supporters would prefer to go somewhere else instead ? I would suggest not.
think it was three (was at first)

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Steps 3-6 allocations

Oldsmobile-88

Macclesfield FC have been accepted into the North West Counties Premier Division(Step 5 in non league)

A new pitch has been laid recently at Moss Rose plus other work around the ground.
Having no football below the NL(step 1) for the vast majority of last season has helped The Silkmen in preparation for a relaunch.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see AFC Bury are entering in Step 6 too.

Red Devon

Torquay only draw 2:2 at home to Barnet 😯 1 point from their last two games should be enough for Sutton to be promoted now....good to see a clutch of ex league clubs sitting in the playoff spots. I’d be happy to see any of them promoted, although any of the top ten could still sneak in there.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well done Mark Stimson's Hornchurch, who beat Hereford in the FA Trophy this afternoon 3-1.

DB9

Well done Mark Stimson's Hornchurch, who beat Hereford in the FA Trophy this afternoon 3-1.
Well done to Hornchurch, Quite often a team lower than NL level seems to beat Conference opposition in the Trophy final.