• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A proper "Celebrity" fan

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe not. But as usual you appear to be taking a potshot at anything/anyone who smacks of positivity.

And it's 'Edmondson'.

:) your paranoia is becoming worrying...grow up...

Pete Martin (CTID)

Ade never really "did" stand-up comedy. He started with "Twentieth Century Coyote", a double-act with himself and Rik Mayall together in the 1970s and early '80s, which was the closest he ever got to it. He is actually quoted as saying that 20 minutes of stand-up is ok but, beyond that, it gets a bit tedious. Personally, I would agree with that - and I have always found Ade a good deal funnier than Alexei Sayle myself.

malcolms

Ade never really "did" stand-up comedy. He started with "Twentieth Century Coyote", a double-act with himself and Rik Mayall together in the 1970s and early '80s, which was the closest he ever got to it. He is actually quoted as saying that 20 minutes of stand-up is ok but, beyond that, it gets a bit tedious. Personally, I would agree with that - and I have always found Ade a good deal funnier than Alexei Sayle myself.
Not particularly fond of either of them to be honest...Edmondson (the Anglo Saxon rather than the original Scandinavian) A bit too "6th form" humour for me and Alexei Sayle a mite too politically correct on everything....

It's all a matter of taste I guess, but it tells you something about some posters that seem to have the need to jump on a comment totally unconnected with City and turn it into something...

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just trawling through ECFC YouTube and found an effervescent ECFC fan expressing his love for a "proper" club -

Does he still support the Grecians or has money talked and he has gone back to Chelski ?

Afram City !

IndoMike

Just found this, Apologies if someone has posted it elsewhere but seeing Ade Edmondson's passion for ECFC is really clear to see and very refreshing from those Glory Hunters you see on something like Soccer AM

This video was the opening post on the thread mate .

IndoMike

I wonder if Ade remained a fan of the club after Tisdale left. He was very disappointed with the Trust re Tizzer falling out with the club, as expressed in the article above.

DB9

This video was the opening post on the thread mate .
I know, I posted it in 2014!

andrew p long

I thought the story was that he was in London more now but (pre-lockdown) could still be found supporting City, sometimes on a distant terrace.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reasonably certain Ade was still a fairly regular fixture at SJP before the pandemic intervened. Denzil used to sit just a couple of seats away from him so will be better placed to confirm than me.

denzil

Reasonably certain Ade was still a fairly regular fixture at SJP before the pandemic intervened. Denzil used to sit just a couple of seats away from him so will be better placed to confirm than me.
He had been missing of late - does anyone know why ????