• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 20/21

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure Bruce is Newcastle's biggest problem - as I don't think their squad is massively underperforming. I'd say he acts as quite a useful lightning rod for the owner who, fittingly, seems quite happy to run them as a bit of a bargain basement operation. There are a couple of sides outside the relegation places in the bottom third who seem to be, at best, treading water currently. They just have to hope that some of the more upwardly mobile sides don't quite do enough to overhaul them (this season and beyond).
Everybody knows the problem is Mike Ashley but Bruce could do more with what he's got in the squad and avoid the 'upwardly mobiles' overhauling them. There is enough with the maverick abilities in Shelvey and Saint Maximan, strike rate of Callum Wilson and attacking width and supply from Ryan Fraser and Matt Fraser to keep them comfortable if they were set up properly.

sign of the chimes

Everybody knows the problem is Mike Ashley but Bruce could do more with what he's got in the squad and avoid the 'upwardly mobiles' overhauling them. There is enough with the maverick abilities in Shelvey and Saint Maximan, strike rate of Callum Wilson and attacking width and supply from Ryan Fraser and Matt Fraser to keep them comfortable if they were set up properly.
Some really good players and I wouldn't argue otherwise: Wilson is a great striker to have for a bottom half Premier League side, and Saint-Maximin is one of my favourite players to watch. I'm just not convinced with the combination of quality and depth that Newcastle have that Bruce is doing a particularly bad job. That's not to say I wouldn't have predicted them to be a couple of positions higher than they currently are - but I wouldn't see someone like Hassenhutl (who, as much as it pains me, I think is a very decent coach) doing much better in terms of their league position with the players they've got. All just opinions of course.

Rosencrantz

The longer Callum Wilson is out, the more vulnerable Newcastle are. I think they are looking at the end of next month at the earliest from the latest news. Without him, the old goalscoring problems are exposed. They will need to still be in touch.

DB9

5 home games in a row Liverpool have now lost, Not the best title defence.

grecIAN Harris

One season wonders.......

DB9

One season wonders.......
So it seems, If no CL next season we could see a few transfer requests in the summer.

Alistair20000

Klopp out

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Spoonz Red E

Klopp out
Gerrard in.
... and do-si-do your partner. 💃🕺

Alistair20000

Make that 6 as Flum rock up and grab all the points.

Klopp out.

Deserved win for Flum who were desperately unlucky to get nothing out of the Spurs game in the week.