• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok, so go and call vast swathes of the country racist idiots if it makes you feel better, but it won't get you any closer to understanding how Labour can get out of their current malaise.
If that's genuinely how they feel then yes they are racist idiots. Showing support for one thing does not mean you don't support another. That's so obvious as to barely be worth typing out. If you can't understand that, then there must be a reason. The only logical conclusion is racism and stupidity.

And Labour's current malaise is not my problem. The racist idiots can continue to hand power to the Conservatives, who will continue to enrich themselves, and it will make no difference to me. In fact, as I've said before, I'll probably do better out of a Conservative government than a Labour one.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
The racist idiots can continue to hand power to the Conservatives, who will continue to enrich themselves
Like previous Labour governments did them any favours, lolz. They were still as poor in 2010 as they were in 1990. The only difference they noticed was their local shop turned into a Polski Slep.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like previous Labour governments did them any favours, lolz. They were still as poor in 2010 as they were in 1990. The only difference they noticed was their local shop turned into a Polski Slep.
And previous (or even current) Conservative governments did so much? I'm not saying they should all worship at the alter of Labour, I'm just saying that because Starmer has shown support for black people is not a valid reason to assume he won't support white people. This whole argument doesn't hold up to any scrutiny. The last Labour manifesto was full to the brim of things that would benefit working class people - no one bothered to look of course.

Mr Jinx

I'm just saying that because Starmer has shown support for black people is not a valid reason to assume he won't support white people.
And therein lies the rub. How does he show his support solely for white people? He can't, otherwise he'll get labelled racist.

It's OK to spout out BLM, but if you dare to say WLM (as they did in Burnley), they're nothing more than racist scum.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
What's a Polski Sklep got to do with anything? At least someone is filling the void and paying tax for the privilege.

You should approve, they're white!

Mr Jinx

What's a Polski Sklep got to do with anything? At least someone is filling the void and paying tax for the privilege.
Well that always was Labour's argument. You know, in a way to just brush it all under the carpet.

Communities got majorly transformed at a speed never seen before. That put a lot of indigenous locals' backs up as it was something they were never consulted about, nor something that was ever put in a party manifesto.

jimbo-gould

That put a lot of indigenous locals' backs up as it was something they were never consulted about, nor something that was ever put in a party manifesto.
Someone is FINALLY talking about the lorry parks affecting people in Kent I see.

DB9

Well that always was Labour's argument. You know, in a way to just brush it all under the carpet.

Communities got majorly transformed at a speed never seen before. That put a lot of indigenous locals' backs up as it was something they were never consulted about, nor something that was ever put in a party manifesto.
The strains on public services were never thought about either, I'm thinking of Health, Housing, Education and the like. I like the idea of a multi-cultural country that can only benefit everyone in their outlooks but without the infrastructure put in place local authorities have been really hit hard so then waiting times to see your GP go up, Housing lists go up, Schools are over subscribed, These things are what concerned people and what the politicians never gave a fig about.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
And therein lies the rub. How does he show his support solely for white people? He can't, otherwise he'll get labelled racist.

It's OK to spout out BLM, but if you dare to say WLM (as they did in Burnley), they're nothing more than racist scum.
There are many ways he can; whether he is or not is another matter. White lives matter is a deliberate and pointed rebuttal to black lives matter and should be called out as racist.

Mr Jinx

There are many ways he can
OK, I'm all ears.