• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Social media presence

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Following on from Hants post I would really like to congratulate Scott on all he has done during lockdown and in particular his skill and style in interviewing. So much so well put together and the genuine ability to get the best out of interviewees by careful preparation, tailored different approaches to different personalities and above all remembering (unlike so many interviewers) that it is about the person being interviewed.

this also applied to chairing the forum. A favourite moment was at the end of the Exiles forum/practice run when with the camera still rolling Scott was congratulated on his chairmanship. And I thought ’I don’t remember Scott saying or doing anything significant’ before realising that the difficult art of chairmanship is like refereeing; it’s the ones you don’t notice who are the really good ones. That forum had been run so well it almost seemed as if it ran itself, a real mark of quality.

Scott_Palfrey

Thanks for your kind words! Means a lot. It’s been a challenging, exciting and tough season, obviously didn’t end as we all wanted but the platform is there to succeed.

Would love to hear what you liked and disliked or rather in an ideal world what you’d like us to cover/focus on next season

DB9

Thanks for your kind words! Means a lot. It’s been a challenging, exciting and tough season, obviously didn’t end as we all wanted but the platform is there to succeed.

Would love to hear what you liked and disliked or rather in an ideal world what you’d like us to cover/focus on next season
Perhaps more interviews with the youngsters coaches/players as it seems MT thinks they might play a bigger part next season, Also maybe an updates/interviews with the women's team to keep them in the public eye.

DB9

Plus also from me Scott, Great job this season, Especially during the lockdown and hopefully it will go from strength to strength. 👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I liked the interviews with former players.

Other than the retained list being announced, not a lot is going to happen until we know when the fixtures list will be released and when the new season starts.

Not sure how the rerun of matches went. Worthwhile continuing?

Revisit via brief highlights previous seasons?

Rosencrantz

Obviously loved the 360's and coverage of the U23'S. The interviews during lockdown have been great but must have worn the contacts book out for a while.

As has been mentioned more coverage of the women's team would be good and if possible the youth team.

Have the new scholars been announced yet or is there a delay?

GJW

I don’t know what other teams are like so I can only compare Exeter against Coventry, but the difference is huge. Not just in volume, but quality of output. Exeter are streaks ahead. I would say the output on FB and Twitter is 10 times greater for Exeter. Official Website also greater output by a smaller margin. Some similarities in subject matter put out, but the big difference is the video interviews, 360, match in a minute. None of that exists for Coventry. If I go on their ifollow videos section the only recent entry is an interview with Mark Robins at the end of March. Our ifollow is stuffed with videos during the lockdown period. Exeter should be proud of their media output and engagement with fans. We are spoilt by both the level and the quality, and it is relevant, no tat.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with all the comments it has been one of the bright spots of Lockdown looking forward to the interviews , the full 90 minute games , regular updates , virtual fans forum spoilt for choice and top quality - well done Scott and the team tremendous effort all round

UTC

Gareth

yes have loved the interviews. Well done Scott.

fred binneys head

GJW has hit the nail on the head, well done Scott, fantastic.