• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know how often the players/staff will be tested ?

I’m guessing it will be once a week until the playoffs are due to start.

ryancooper327

Not according to devonlive

I was reading the Health Service Journal - https://www.hsj.co.uk/news/first-region-records-post-peak-increase-in-covid-hospital-deaths/7027212.article

Glad to hear nothing in the RD&E.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who's the 2? I've heard Ward and Kite from an untrusted source

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jayden Stockley tested positive at Preston. Four at Colchester tested positive.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seven positive tests from 135 tests in League 2 seems quite higher and, I think, higher than the Championship and Premiership. Probably not enough, though, for the play-offs to be scrapped.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who's the 2? I've heard Ward and Kite from an untrusted source
'Exeter City FC will be respecting medical confidentiality and not naming those involved.'

andrew p long

Probably brought down by some Brummy on a day trip.
no, I have stayed put.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
At present all discussions being reported and commented on in the media are centred on how to finish the current season with little or no thought on how Clubs will continue into the future.

The likelihood is, unless scientists do come up with a vaccine, that for the foreseeable future all League games will be played behind closed doors the result being that with no match day income coming in Clubs particularly at our level will go out of business.

We are currently being told that because of the sensible and prudent manner in which our Club is being run we are in a reasonable position to survive. However my concern is no one knows just what the future holds and in my opinion all Clubs and football as a whole needs to be looking at and preparing for a worst case scenario.

At some point no matter how carefully our Club is managed without any match day income we will go out of business. However as “Owners” of the Club we can do something to give Taggy and the Club’s paid officers some leeway and that is to increase our monthly Trust subscriptions, even if only for a limited period of say 18 to 24 months, to £10 and try and encourage other supporters to join the Trust.....what do others think.

Spoonz Red E

Does anyone know how often the players/staff will be tested ?

I’m guessing it will be once a week until the playoffs are due to start.
In the Express & Echo Matt says it is twice a week.
He also says the Club are paying up front for it but it is his belief that the EFL will cover the cost.

Fareham Grecian

Sorry if this has already been answered, but do the 135 L2 tests just cover the four teams in the playoffs?