• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why is the Supporters Trust Silent?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
As it is a fluid situation, Statements even made 5-10 days ago might be irrelevent, Was it policy back then to say the season is finished? far as we the fans knew offically was after the EFL meeting Friday, I know putting out statements here, there and everywhere sounds a faff but i do believe this is so important in many ways they need to keep us fans (Owners) in the loop.

Cygnus

As I’ve said previously in the recent interview that Scot Palfrey did with Nick Hawker, you could read between the lines of what he was saying and it was clear that the Trust and club board’s view was that the season should be finished for financial and health reasons. Now if that was the case why can’t they just tell us that was how our co7b voted?

We can’t just blame Taggy on this one, because he may have been forced to vote to end the season by both the Trust and club board.

I’m not blaming anyone if this is the case and while I don’t know Nick Hawker, he seems a genuine bloke, with integrity and we are lucky to have someone like him leading the Trust. Now if only he was club Chairman instead of Taggy I’d be more confident about the club’s future.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I think these comments from the Port Vale Chair (from the BBC website) probably encapsulate the general feeling in L2 and the reasons why the vote was unanimous....
20200517_131144.jpg

i8cornwall

I think these comments from the Port Vale Chair (from the BBC website) probably encapsulate the general feeling in L2 and the reasons why the vote was unanimous....
View attachment 2548
Pete I was just wondering mainly out of curiosity if this was a unanimous decision from the club and trust also? And where there ever any discussion on asking the thoughts of the supporters on this matter?

Colesman Ballz

As it is a fluid situation, Statements even made 5-10 days ago might be irrelevent, Was it policy back then to say the season is finished? far as we the fans knew offically was after the EFL meeting Friday, I know putting out statements here, there and everywhere sounds a faff but i do believe this is so important in many ways they need to keep us fans (Owners) in the loop.
How the feck can the Trust put out a statement about what is going to happen in advance of the meeting between all parties to decide what is going to happen ? In the event it is still not decided and other parties are involved and need to ratify overall. What can they possibly tell you ? Presumably it is the EFL that has imposed the confidentiality not the Trust

I get that we are all really "urinated" off with the lack of any certainty in our lives at the moment, but don't you think that also applies to the Club and Trust Boards as well ? I am sure that they both want to know where the goalposts are, and to start planning how to navigate the Club through this situation and come out as strong as possible. We should be backing them to the hilt, and not turning on them to settle any personal grudges or vendetta, Jeez !

DB9

How the feck can the Trust put out a statement about what is going to happen in advance of the meeting between all parties to decide what is going to happen ? In the event it is still not decided and other parties are involved and need to ratify overall. What can they possibly tell you ? Presumably it is the EFL that has imposed the confidentiality not the Trust

I get that we are all really "urinated" off with the lack of any certainty in our lives at the moment, but don't you think that also applies to the Club and Trust Boards as well ? I am sure that they both want to know where the goalposts are, and to start planning how to navigate the Club through this situation and come out as strong as possible. We should be backing them to the hilt, and not turning on them to settle any personal grudges or vendetta, Jeez !
Where have i said that? All i said that this situation is fluid and does change from day to day and no one is asking for the club to pre-empt what the EFL were going to say and no one is asking the club to break any confidentiality, Plus can you show me where my "Personal Vendetta or Grudge" against the club in any of the threads i've contributed to? Also you said you "Presume" that the EFL have imposed confidentiality, Have you written evidence of this or is that also "Confidential"?

Colesman Ballz

Where have i said that? All i said that this situation is fluid and does change from day to day and no one is asking for the club to pre-empt what the EFL were going to say and no one is asking the club to break any confidentiality, Plus can you show me where my "Personal Vendetta or Grudge" against the club in any of the threads i've contributed to? Also you said you "Presume" that the EFL have imposed confidentiality, Have you written evidence of this or is that also "Confidential"?
Get off your high horse, quite clearly my second paragraph was not citing you as having a personal vendetta or grudge, it was a general summation of this whole thread and applied to the likes of a losing election candidate, and someone who was mightily careless with his flag !

DB9

Get off your high horse, quite clearly my second paragraph was not citing you as having a personal vendetta or grudge, it was a general summation of this whole thread and applied to the likes of a losing election candidate, and someone who was mightily careless with his flag !
Then don't say that after using my quote as an answer, Do it to the people who you say have a grudge or vendetta, No high horse here.

i8cornwall

oooo get you!

what happened to the RL has nothing to do with my feelings towards the trust, I expressed this before the RL disbanded.

youll also notice that I’ve admitted my first post on this thread was me having a laugh and as such shouldn’t be taken seriously. Also it wasn’t my flag.... actually if you want to be factual it was a banner but facts don’t seem to be you’re strong point as seen from above posts.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Can you explain your reality of 5 per cent please.
750 / 15,000 = 5%