• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any of your players good enough for Plymouth?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, confirmation then that it really doesn't mean anything.

IJN

Remember, some of the players went for a lot of money or for decent deals.

Let's see what your players do.

I tell you what, if you do as well in the league above (IF you get there) as you have down in the BASEMENT, you'd have one hell of a job keeping hold of them.

It's just wait and see thoug, it always hard to judge what players are like in a crap league.

angelic upstart

It's just wait and see though, it always hard to judge what players are like in a crap league.
It's a shame half of your "star buys" never had the chance to do that this season isn't it?

I spose Puncheon is doing well in the division below now you mention it.

What's happening with Mpenza?

On a serious note, how is Walton getting on at Blackpool? I think it's Blackpool he's at.

IJN

Hardly got a game AU.

When I've seen him play (Sheff Wed away and Brum at home) he looked class, but he's a strange one.

Mpenza, what a shame, I saw him play at Coventry and he was amazing and at home to Cardiff he was good, but he's round the twist I think.

It's always silly to compare players, and add that to the fact you've had a good season (admittedly at a far lower standard) and we've had a crap season, it's even harder.

Can't comment on any of yours if I'm honest, but to say Mackie is our best player is downright daft.

As I've said though, most people love a tryer and Lammie was right what he said about him. His ability to learn is amazing though.

I'm convinced if you stuck him a Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool team, he would feed off the skill of the others.

Incontinentia

I'm rather proud of the fact none of our players made the PFA League 2 team of the year, and that many probably aren't on the shopping lists of Championship managers this season. And yet there we are, top 4, decent chance of promotion going into the final weekend.

That's about assembling a strong squad on a shoestring, working hard, building a team ethos, being tactically astute. It isn't about flashing the cash and betting on a handful of mercenaries.

Porkus says, "form is temporary, class is permanent". Very true. Here's another related one for your collection; "You can't buy class".

STURTZ

The truth is that since we offloaded Mackie, we haven't looked back!

:D Fact!:D

Southampton Gull

Tells you the team's not a fair reflection of the league. There weren't any Brentford players in it either, and they'll be the only team above us by tea time on Saturday.
I'll save that one, it's a gem ;)

IJN

The truth is that since we offloaded Mackie, we haven't looked back!

:D Fact!:D
I agree.

Also, how pleasing it is to see the lad improve so much playing in a far far higher league.

Win/win I'd call it.

IJN

That's about assembling a strong squad on a shoestring, working hard, building a team ethos, being tactically astute. It isn't about flashing the cash and betting on a handful of mercenaries.
Completely agree.

Just think, we had Capaldi, Connoly, Norris, Stonebridge, Wotton, Larrieu, Friio, Keith etc etc, all of them when on to win at least one CHAMPIONSHIP (seven of them two CHAMPIONSHIPS). The biggest fee we paid was £45,000 for Norris.

Far far better achievement that scrambling up from non league via the play offs and having to hope and prey on the last day for a second or third place.

I'm sure you would agree.

angelic upstart

Just think, we had Capaldi, Connoly, Norris, Stonebridge, Wotton, Larrieu, Friio, Keith etc etc, all of them when on to win at least one CHAMPIONSHIP (seven of them two CHAMPIONSHIPS). The biggest fee we paid was £45,000 for Norris.

Far far better achievement that scrambling up from non league via the play offs and having to hope and prey on the last day for a second or third place.

I'm sure you would agree.
We could go up twice and have paid nothing out, and sold some of our "best" players during that time.