• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
We’re 16th currently we finished 14th from memory last season so right now we’ve gone backwards….

We may finish 14th in fairness.

In reality finishing 14th , 15th or 16th makes zero difference as long as your above the relegation zone but it would be nice to think we could at least match last seasons finish just to cling onto something.
I did say in early Jan, it'd be a miracle if we escape relegation this season. It looks like we currently stand a good chance of avoiding the drop and so hats off for that, but it's just a temporary sense of relief. Because you can better your bottom dollar that if GC is still manager next season, we'll still be going through the same crap.

Bridgy 81

In L1 under Tisdale we won 41 games out of 138, a win percentage of 29.7%, if my maths is correct.
Also, for the four seasons we were in L1 in the early 1990s we won 52 games out of 184, a win percentage of 28.2%.
I don’t consider this season has been especially enjoyable overall, but there have been some very good moments.
Also, like others, I’m not overly convinced about what appears to be the very dogmatic philosophy to how we’re set up to play.
But as I have no reason to doubt these figures are correct it is only fair to take into consideration that all of our current Manager’s tenure has been whilst we’ve been at our highest level historically.
I also don’t think he was helped by taking over mid-season, followed by the inevitable exodus of our best players at the end of it.
But that can’t be an excuse indefinitely.
I don’t know where the responsibility lies for our disastrous summer transfer window in relation to our complete lack of strike-force for the first half of the season and I still don’t think that’s been adequately explained.
Hopefully some harsh words and lessons have been learnt behind the scenes at the very least.
I’m disappointed that our much heralded January business hasn’t borne any fruit yet, but hopefully it still will.
Going forward I think it’s key that our home results and performances improve as they’re the bedrock of any club’s success, both in terms of points gained but also and importantly in relation to supporter engagement.
I’m not saying everything is rosy by a long chalk but put into context if we stay up this season that’ll do for me, for now.

In L1 under Tisdale we won 41 games out of 138, a win percentage of 29.7%, if my maths is correct.
That is something I wouldn't have expected. But IMO certainly a much fairer comparison base than comparing GC across Tis/Eamo/Inglethorpe/MT entire tenures.

I don't know what comparing these win percentages achieves, I bet GC has been given a bigger budget than any manager, probably in our history.

ChardGrecian

All the promises made by Caldwell and the board seem to be failing - he needs to be given a chance and the board are backing him in the January transfer window. NOTHING HAS CHANGED and we are still drifting towards relegation or at best scraping survival.

Grecian Max

To be fair to Tisdale one of those three seasons was with a side with a spine from the Conference, it was always going to struggle after such a quick rise

Grecian Max

I don't know what comparing these win percentages achieves, I bet GC has been given a bigger budget than any manager, probably in our history.
And the keys to a promoted side stronger than the last time we came up - MT had assembled a team that was essentially a lower half League One side in L2

Antony Moxey

How have petrol prices fared over the years?

Grecian Max

It’s interesting in 09/10, Conference and League 2 players filling our side and first season up -

We finished with 51 points
Scored 48 goals
GD -12

Stayed up only

I don’t see us hitting that this year

If we stay up, which I think we will scrape, it shows how bad League 1 is this year.

Colesman Ballz

How have petrol prices fared over the years?
Strewth ! Will you will be quoting the "price of fish" next ? :)