• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has these been posted?

Livingston manager gone in hard on us :LOL:

So long sucker! 😄

Antony Moxey

I'm really not sure how we've wasted Livingston or the players time. We've put in a bid, they've rejected it. We've not increased our bid so Livingston manager makes noise about us not being a million miles away from their valuation and the difference is minimal, clearly expecting us to improve our bid by this minimal margin. We decide not to for whatever reason. Hardly time wasting, just not playing their game. If they'd accepted the initial bid Nouble would be an Exeter player.

This smacks of the Livi manager being fuked right off because we didn't do what he wanted and expected us to do. They clearly want to sell him.
Well quite. If the difference is only minimal then they can come down just as easily as we can go up, or even split the difference. That’s assuming both sides actually want to do a deal.

Rosencrantz

Sounds like they might have overplayed their hand and in the meantime another option for us has cropped up and we have walked away from the deal. Just shows how the transfer market is rarely straightforward.

STURTZ

Never wanted him anyway, do we need another left winger? Even in that article he hints that Nouble was a disappointment.

Sounds like the City negotiators called their bluff and won.

Thought he had other interest from SPL clubs!😄

Red Devon

Sounds like they might have overplayed their hand and in the meantime another option for us has cropped up and we have walked away from the deal. Just shows how the transfer market is rarely straightforward.
A different target almost everyday I think GC said.

cityfan47

I heard we offered Livingston James Scott.. in a straight swap.. would explain why the deal has fallen through.. 😂
Is this true or a joke I can never tell

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never wanted him anyway, do we need another left winger? Even in that article he hints that Nouble was a disappointment.

Sounds like the City negotiators called their bluff and won.

Thought he had other interest from SPL clubs!😄
He said they'd had 'nibbles' from a few SPL clubs so not really sure wtf that means. It's probably just another way of saying hurry up and increase your bid Exeter as I'm pretending there's lots of interest in the player.

STURTZ

Not sure how much they wanted for him but guess it was well over what he's worth. They were desperate to sell but got too greedy and are now suffering the consequences. I.e. they've got him for another year!😄

His excuses are for his own board to swallow, he's f*cked up.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure how much they wanted for him but guess it was well over what he's worth. They were desperate to sell but got too greedy and are now suffering the consequences. I.e. they've got him for another year!😄

His excuses are for his own board to swallow, he's f*cked up.
There won't be much left of him if all these clubs keep nibbling

dontpassback

Expect nouble to rock up In Celtic colours soon 😄😄😄😄😄