• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Ben Purrington

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the past few weeks, it has become apparent a player (or players) are unsettled at Exeter with one being offered to County through his agent. When County enquired they were initially knocked back and told the player is not for sale. Without getting into too much detail, the deal secured for Purrington is peanuts (relatively). County have paid up a couple of fees that the buying club would tend to pay out. This is in hope of concluding at least one deal in January, with a player heading North.
James Scott was previously based in Scotland. Wishful thinking?!

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be absolutely gutting to lose Scott to Ross County but I do understand we can't have it all our own way. Thanks for the memories Scott and good luck back up North (y)

Fareham Grecian

Hardly. Did you read what Mortica said about the standard of football. Livingstone have just signed a Torquay United player. I suggest the ignorance is the other way round.
Who’s Mortica? And it’s Livingston.

I live in Scotland. Ross County are very well funded and could blow our budget out of the water any day of the week.

AndyR

In view of Superstag's comments, it will be interesting to see what happens between City and County in the next 3 weeks and in the Summer. IIRC Mitchell and Scott are out of contract in the Summer so can go for nothing at that point. Kite and Hartridge i believe are also out of contract then but came through our Academy so we would be entitled to compensation. In either or both cases, Ross County would IMO be preferable to Bristol Rovers but any move would be up to the player(s). There is also Aimson who i suspect (and hope) City don't want to lose.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
In view of Superstag's comments, it will be interesting to see what happens between City and County in the next 3 weeks and in the Summer. IIRC Mitchell and Scott are out of contract in the Summer so can go for nothing at that point. Kite and Hartridge i believe are also out of contract then but came through our Academy so we would be entitled to compensation. In either or both cases, Ross County would IMO be preferable to Bristol Rovers but any move would be up to the player(s). There is also Aimson who i suspect (and hope) City don't want to lose.
Kite and Hartridge are too old for compensation

Phil Sayers

With regards Kite and Hartridge, would we get the usual Tribunal under 24 situation given it would be a move to Scotland? If not, I have a feeling that the new FIFA compensation would come into play instead but I'm just guessing.

Phil Sayers

Is a simpler answer than mine!

Edit: Maybe not though - too old for the domestic Tribunal but does the trans-national FIFA arrangement have the same applicable age?

Bridgy 81

I thought that only applied to Harry (by one day) if he goes in the summer?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well one backer, but he just happens to be one of the wealthiest men in the UK. He's seen Ross County rise from the Highland League to the Premiership having two top six finishes (narrowly missing out on Europe) and winning the League Cup. County can blow Exeter out of the water when it comes to finances.
As they did for Grecian superstar, Jordan Tillson. The big statement signing that announced them as a real glamour club.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is a simpler answer than mine!

Edit: Maybe not though - too old for the domestic Tribunal but does the trans-national FIFA arrangement have the same applicable age?
I thought if players cross a border, no compo has to be paid. It's always the "unless they go to Scotland" caveat when a young players contract is ticking down.