• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Portsmouth Matchday Thread (Friday 29th December)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
what chances? apart from us hitting the post…i genuinely can’t remember many other “chances”…

how many shots on target did we have? 1-2?

genuine question.
Sonny Cox in the 6 yard box, found by Cole first half. Should've scored. Diabate header. There were others.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
what chances? apart from us hitting the post…i genuinely can’t remember many other “chances”…

genuine question.
15 shots, 2 on target. I thought it was more, there was that scramble in the first half when we had three shots in a row.
Sonny had a good chance, Ilmari should have scored

cannockred

Did anyone notice the spat between GC and mousinho at the end. Having to be held apart by kev miller....

denzel

When I read comments like this, I genuinely worry about my memory or eyesight.

It is literally like we were at 2 different games.

People seem to be echoing what you say though, so it must be me.
Maybe I have low expectations but just feel it was much better than we have had recently. I'm taking into account that confidence is low, we were playing a top side and we are clearly missing a striker. All said, I'm not complaining about how we played tonight. You want entertainment? Maybe go see a musical...

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Sonny Cox in the 6 yard box, found by Cole first half. Should've scored. Diabate header. There were others.
you mean half chances.

not clear cut chances.

i’ve got you 👌

grecIAN Harris

genuine question.
Coxy in the first half when he couldn't quite get hold of it. Chieck should have done a lot better from a corner in the first half. Niskanen forcing a save from the keeper in the second half and Dion not being able to get on the end of the rebound (and like I said earlier, our missing striker whoever he is and wherever he comes from gobbles that up). Along with Niskanen hitting the post, there's five. Cole pulled an effort wide late on in the second half. There were other opportunities in the first half that didn't materialise because we seemed a bit reluctant to pull the trigger.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such a shame we lost Demi if he was available and fit now playing as we are he would have been the icing on the cake and instead of having to be satisfied with battling draws we could seriously be looking forward to getting some wins under our belt….just my thoughts

JGrecian23

Maybe I have low expectations but just feel it was much better than we have had recently. I'm taking into account that confidence is low, we were playing a top side and we are clearly missing a striker. All said, I'm not complaining about how we played tonight. You want entertainment? Maybe go see a musical...
I shouldn't have to watch a musical to get entertainment. People on here seem to forget that football should be entertaining. Grinding out 0-0 and 1-0 is not entertaining.

As you say, we have different expectations which is fine by me.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Coxy will look better playing with/off of a front line striker. He put himself about but I don't think he was as effective as he was on Boxing Day.
la
Coxy in the first half when he couldn't quite get hold of it. Chieck should have done a lot better from a corner in the first half. Niskanen forcing a save from the keeper in the second half and Dion not being able to get on the end of the rebound (and like I said earlier, our missing striker whoever he is and wherever he comes from gobbles that up). Along with Niskanen hitting the post, there's five. Cole pulled an effort wide late on in the second half. There were other opportunities in the first half that didn't materialise because we seemed a bit reluctant to pull the trigger.
there not chances , there moments.

IMO.

Chances are when the keeper makes a save or someone misses an opportunity.

somebody not being able to get onto a rebound isn’t a chance it’s luck.

grecIAN Harris

Such a shame we lost Demi if he was available and fit now playing as we are he would have been the icing on the cake and instead of having to be satisfied with battling draws we could seriously be looking forward to getting some wins under our belt….just my thoughts
The icing on the cake comes hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Demi is part of the decoration that sets the icing off.