• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Arsenal U21 - EFL Trophy - Match day thread. 7.15pm kick off

Yes. What about it?
No parents will send their youngsters to city’s academy that has made plenty of young men wealthy and produced a couple of internationals just because argyle have an academy too, is some people’s theory, not so sure myself…

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
0 shots on target FML

3 goals in 8 games?

Cracking window 👍🏻

Edna Clouds

Not sure this keeper is much better than woods. Taylor, Scott and Kite didn't stand out playing with (and against) kids. I thought Aitchison looked good first half - that's the only positive I can think of.

CC

If it wasn’t for the Luton result questions would be being asked.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lack of our players walking over to the Big Bank tonight afterwards says it all - GC has a big job to do on / off the pitch especially if the cavalry don't turn up till Jan 24 !

JayPob94

Who cares about this result? Honestly. If people are getting stressed out because our team of kids got pumped by Arsenals U21s then give your head a wobble.

2 weeks off in football is heaven for players. We will be back and we will do well this season.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another poor performance and worrying given we played a much stronger side than for the Reading game
carry on like this and with Middlesbrough improving every game I am not looking forward to our game against them and can at present only foresee yet another significant loss.

PKecfc

Everyone calm down. Any stronger side played tonight, a couple more injuries and that would be wrong as well. I think some of you need a serious reality check. Bad run yes, but mid-table as things stand.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who cares about this result? Honestly. If people are getting stressed out because our team of kids got pumped by Arsenals U21s then give your head a wobble.

2 weeks off in football is heaven for players. We will be back and we will do well this season.
Nobody cares about the result in isolation but people are a bit concerned about the bigger picture.

StudentGrecian

Did we try anything different tonight? Or are we still trying to force the square pegs in round holes?

For someone who is lauded as being much more tactically minded than MT, we don’t seem to be seeing a lot of change to fit our ‘injury crisis’/inability to sign a CF.