• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Luton - EFL Cup - match day thread.

CWH-NYC_

GC interview is up and once again is required listening if you want to know the preparation for this one. Link somebody plead.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
42 years and seven months (and I was there that night also). Oh what a night!!!! We deserved it. Mr C had us set up to deal with them. Sit deep and soak up whatever they had for the first 20 minutes and then flip the switch and away we went. We had to dig deep towards the end but we earnt it. Demi will, of course, get all the plaudits but Alex Hartridge................ nothing got past him.
Oh, the only fly in the ointment, Demi's red card. It was never a free kick in the first place so God only knows how the ref turned it into a second booking and subsequent red.

TotnesGrecian

Has anyone mentioned the way sinisalo commands his wide defenders and just his general area?

I've genuinely never seen a keeper as vocal at SJP..

He was outstanding tonight

TotnesGrecian

GC interview is up and once again is required listening if you want to know the preparation for this one. Link somebody plead.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jack Fitzwater post match

Bridgy 81

Gary Caldwell.
What a man.
We are very fortunate to have him.
And he’s very fortunate to have us.

Mid Devon Grecian

Also I thought Watts was great, I hope his injury isn’t too bad.
Really?

He ran a lot but in the style of a headless chicken. All over the place but no impact and potentially left space for Luton in the area he was supposed to be playing.

He did the same last week against Reading.

Hopefully he’ll develop but at the moment he’s far from an auto first team slot IMO

Mid Devon Grecian

Yes, I noticed that too. I think it's called game management. Something else where we're not as naïve as we once were in yester-year.
Yeah he was playing a game, he isn’t injured

Also the multi ball system was suspiciously “overly efficient” tonight 👀
[/QUOTE]
Was someone firing balls out of a canon from SJP station? Certainly seemed like it second half!

JW57++

A great result! Keeping my head down here in Luton this evening and still debating which shirt to wear at the airport tomorrow morning.

Might be picking up some relatives from Gatwick at the end of October when the next round is scheduled. Are Crawley still in the cup? If so, we are likely to be drawn at home to them.

Mid Devon Grecian

42 years and seven months (and I was there that night also). Oh what a night!!!! We deserved it. Mr C had us set up to deal with them. Sit deep and soak up whatever they had for the first 20 minutes and then flip the switch and away we went. We had to dig deep towards the end but we earnt it. Demi will, of course, get all the plaudits but Alex Hartridge................ nothing got past him.
Oh, the only fly in the ointment, Demi's red card. It was never a free kick in the first place so God only knows how the ref turned it into a second booking and subsequent red.
Hartridge was the pick of an overall very proficient defensive display. If I was Seeenz I’d be looking over my shoulder at the performance of Fitzwater tonight..