• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
He does say it's a slim chance - not sure if he's genuinely downplaying it though as why bring it up?
because he was asked?

grecIAN Harris

Going to divide opinion but if the board / club endorse it then I trust their decision if he was to join. I wondering Nombe might stay because of it?
I don't think it will massively. You will always have some that will say he should never wear a City shirt again regardless but there are two things that always seem to give some sort of justification to a violent reaction and that is sexist abuse and racist abuse and if that tweet by Jevani's Mum is to be believed........

Cowshed Grecian

If we get a good offer from A large league one sid work lower championship side, then I can't see Nombe staying unless his agent thinks he'll get a better deal via a free in 12 months
Nombe isn’t Harry Kane, he’s a good L1 striker..what’s to say Nombe wouldn’t extend his initial 3 year contract? This club is moving forward, no reason why we shouldn’t be trying to keep our best players now. Which in all fairness to the club we have been doing, and the prime reason we are doing so well on the field and also with ticket sales.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it will massively. You will always have some that will say he should never wear a City shirt again regardless but there are two things that always seem to give some sort of justification to a violent reaction and that is sexist abuse and racist abuse and if that tweet by Jevani's Mum is to be believed........
Add a third - homophobic abuse, as in the Ben Stokes case.

Average Joe

This club is moving forward,
I appreciate we have moved forward however if any of our players want to play above mid table league one at best, most likely a struggling league team then they should move.

This season coming if Key and Collins do not sign and JB does not play for us again I can not see us moving forward on from last season. We have a full rebuild to do and we're doing it on a low budget in a division with a good pool of tough teams to beat. Next year really will be a reality check without Collins, Key and JB.

If I was in Nombe's position and another league one club who has a stable squad with promotion targets came in for me and permitting my family didn't mind moving, I'd move!

Grecian Max

because he was asked?
In which case he is downplaying it, so I wouldn’t get excited

Grecian Max

He’s a quality player, 95% of fans won’t care when he’s coming up with magic

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I appreciate we have moved forward however if any of our players want to play above mid table league one at best, most likely a struggling league team then they should move.

This season coming if Key and Collins do not sign and JB does not play for us again I can not see us moving forward on from last season. We have a full rebuild to do and we're doing it on a low budget in a division with a good pool of tough teams to beat. Next year really will be a reality check without Collins, Key and JB.

If I was in Nombe's position and another league one club who has a stable squad with promotion targets came in for me and permitting my family didn't mind moving, I'd move!
You're forgetting there's another key party involved called ECFC that might not allow Nombe to move.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Add a third - homophobic abuse, as in the Ben Stokes case.
Exactly and where would the England cricket team be now if, for want of a better word, he had been sacked.

Grecian Max

Exactly and where would the England cricket team be now if, for want of a better word, he had been sacked.
8 match ban by the ECB which was deemed served because he’d been essentially suspended sounds very similar to what Jevani had in context to how often England play.