• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Grecian Ed

If at crown court it’s by a judge. Magistrates court can be either. I’m racking my brains back to my college course now….

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
If at crown court it’s by a judge. Magistrates court can be either. I’m racking my brains back to my college course now….
I hope your college notes say that a trial of guilt or innocence in the Crown Court is decided by a jury!

On the 'is it a District Judge or a bench of lay magistrates for Jevani's Magistrates Court trial, does Exeter or Devon have District Judges (Magistrates Courts)? In my times at Exeter Magistrates Court (a very long time ago!) there was no such thing as what we used to call 'stipes' in Exeter - the full time District Judges in criminal courts being confined largely to the major conurbations.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope your college notes say that a trial of guilt or innocence in the Crown Court is decided by a jury!
The notes of this particular ancient former student of the law are in connection with the Assizes and Quarter Sessions :(

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Found it on Twitter 😂
I met Matt Grimes (and his Mum) at a wedding a few weeks ago.

That's it.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe she is just sick to death of her son’s name being dragged through the mud by individuals on Social Media who feel it necessary express their views on something which they really know nothing about basing them purely on conjecture.

Apparently she and Jevani now have to also contend with the more moronic elements of the National Press.

ecfc_ben

Not sure how relevant this is but Jevani has liked a comment on Twitter about him signing a new contract, aswell as liking a comment saying he’s off to Portsmouth on a free…

Attachments

milts

Gutted :cry:

Cowshed Grecian

Well that’s annoying, why didn’t we just sack him then…suspend and keep him here until end of his contract? pointless

Grecianman135

Well that’s annoying, why didn’t we just sack him then…suspend and keep him here until end of his contract? pointless
Must of had some financial elements in his contract or we probably would have,we can't afford to carry passengers anyway so it's now time to draw a line under it and move on,the club didn't need the negative PR attached anyway,so thanks JB you were one of the best we've had in your role but sadly wasted it away for yourself.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's going in a couple of months regardless. We're not getting in the playoffs and I'm (almost) comfortable saying we won't go down.

Let's crack on with the current squad and prepare for next season's play off push.
The Hives - Hate to Say I Told You So - YouTube

One of the most talented players I've ever seen in a City shirt. Sad to see him go, but feel like we've already grieved and moved on. All the best to Jevani for the future. His early morning champagne instagram vid following our promotion will live long in the memory!