• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks Spoonz, that obviously was so momentous it totally passed me by. Already a precedent then so forget I even asked the question
TBF Seymour was so anonymous I don't blame you for missing that 😅

Radio Free Skaro

Well unless he's super human and can do something that no other man has ever done, he won't be back until 9 months minimum IF he's torn his ACL.
I'm not expecting him to be able change the laws of physics! But I am confident that Jay has strength of character and support around him to bounce back from adversity better than most.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't help but feeling that this modern day practice of sliding on your knees as part of a goal celebration is simply asking for trouble as far as knee injuries are concerned. I'm surprised GC allows it to be done.

Rosencrantz

I can't help but feeling that this modern day practice of sliding on your knees as part of a goal celebration is simply asking for trouble as far as knee injuries are concerned. I'm surprised GC allows it to be done.
I think getting your studs caught in the turf when trying to quickly change direction is a far bigger cause.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm surprised Chas allows it more!

Squeezebox

I agree with you on this - the thought of me attempting that makes me wince!

Squeezebox

I think getting your studs caught in the turf when trying to quickly change direction is a far bigger cause.
Yes but that is out of your control. It did look like his studs caught in the turf while trying to cross it rather than change direction but I may be wrong even tho' it was right in front of me!

Rosencrantz

Yes but that is out of your control. It did look like his studs caught in the turf while trying to cross it rather than change direction but I may be wrong even tho' it was right in front of me!
Whether out of your control or not, it is a much higher occurrence of serious knee injury than sliding on your knees across a slick pitch. It is how Kyle Taylor got injured last season, and now possibly Stanno. Getting your studs caught causing lateral movement in the knee.

How many knee slides have we seen this season resulting in injury? It is pretty much the most popular single goal celebration in the squad. If you were worried about friction burns that would be different. As far as injury risk to goal celebrations goes, Randell Williams style acrobatics is much higher as is the massive pile on. That's not to mention being hoisted onto Tony Adams' shoulders.

All I am pointing out, as evidenced, is that risk of serious injury caused by knee sliding in goal celebrations = minimal. Enjoyment factor for player celebrating (mostly big kids at heart) = high.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have never heard of a single player in any game (happy to stand corrected) ever injured by a knee slide so unsure why our Manager or any other would try to stop the most natural of celebrations

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have never heard of a single player in any game (happy to stand corrected) ever injured by a knee slide so unsure why our Manager or any other would try to stop the most natural of celebrations
Tony but why take a risk that you don't need to take? Sliding could be part of a process that weakens the ligaments before they actually go!