• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seconded, but preferably with a couple of late red cards for Stanley ! šŸ˜Ž
My hopes were a bit more ambitious. A mass brawl after the final whistle, all the players on both sides sent off. All Accrington's first team suspended for at least one game. All Argyle's team and subs suspended for 10 games, massive fine for Argyle for not controlling their players.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll give you 2 options, which one would you take:

1) We beat Barnsley, finish 12th on 53 points and Argyle finish 2nd

2) We lose to Barnsley, finish 13th on 50 points and Argyle finish 3rd

I'm taking option 1 all day...
Option 1. It means we get 7 from our last ten instead of 4. Don't really care where Argyle finish tbh.

I also would be very surprised if 50 was enough for 13th or 53 for 12th.

Looking at it, we really need a win against Accy. Can I be selfish and just have us win 10 from 10?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also would be very surprised if 50 was enough for 13th or 53 for 12th.
It won't be but it was just an example.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It won't be but it was just an example.
Fair shout. Simple is better for me.

Grecian Max

I definitely care about where Argyle finish, I donā€™t want them up ever. And thatā€™s completely reasonable as a City fan.

However until weā€™re safe we need the points for ourselves.

Ispwich away will be very interesting- we could easily have a cushion by thenā€¦

felix

I sort of understand your wish for your local rivals to fail. It's a bit carp though wanting your own team to lose. What a saddo you have to be!

I think we may not make it. If all teams are on top form and have all players fit then I concede that probably Weds, Ipswich, Barnsley, Peterborough and Bolton have better sides. What they don't have is a better management team. Apparently, we have scored 17 goals from tactical substitutes, have won more games from losing positions ( remember??) than any other side.

Lucky Argyle? Losing Whittaker, Cooper, Scarr and Randell hasn't stopped us. We have the best record against the top teams. Lose all your matches against the top sides if you want ( by the way I think you will whether you want to or not).

If we don't go up so be it. I have had my most enjoyable season in over 55 years.

You lot don't even use the "proper chaps" epithet any more following the after dark shenanigans of your lovely peace loving players.

If we match Ipswich and Barnsley (and we should) then we go up. At least if you lose to the top sides you can say you lost on purpose to try and mess Argyle up.

What a desperate way to get your pleasures!!

Whatever floats your boat.

Grecian Max

I, for one, never wish for a City defeat (and particularly when the outcome of our season is not yet mathematically certain!)
To be tested at Ipswich I think. The penultimate game, we could well hand Argyle promotion - that day - if we lose. God it doesnā€™t bear thinking about. In that circumstance Iā€™d be cheering on Ipswich šŸ˜‚

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I sort of understand your wish for your local rivals to fail. It's a bit carp though wanting your own team to lose. What a saddo you have to be!

I think we may not make it. If all teams are on top form and have all players fit then I concede that probably Weds, Ipswich, Barnsley, Peterborough and Bolton have better sides. What they don't have is a better management team. Apparently, we have scored 17 goals from tactical substitutes, have won more games from losing positions ( remember??) than any other side.

Lucky Argyle? Losing Whittaker, Cooper, Scarr and Randell hasn't stopped us. We have the best record against the top teams. Lose all your matches against the top sides if you want ( by the way I think you will whether you want to or not).

If we don't go up so be it. I have had my most enjoyable season in over 55 years.

You lot don't even use the "proper chaps" epithet any more following the after dark shenanigans of your lovely peace loving players.

If we match Ipswich and Barnsley (and we should) then we go up. At least if you lose to the top sides you can say you lost on purpose to try and mess Argyle up.

Nobody has said they want City to lose any fixture. The ideal scenario is we win all of our games thus taking points off all of the top sides.

Grecian Max

- proper chaps was Tisdale not us. Hated that era, load of ********

- agree that with enjoyable/memorable seasons donā€™t necessarily need to end in glory, in fact sometimes the ā€œwhat could have beenā€ is more romantic in hindsight. However this is a tough league to get out of and with no guarantees for coming seasons absolutely it would be a chance missed for a smaller club such as yourselves.

- I would love for you to stay down and also get battered at SJP, especially after reading on pasoti etc that many of you thought you could win the league there some months back šŸ˜‚

Grecian Max

Nobody has said they want City to lose any fixture. The ideal scenario is we win all of our games thus taking points off all of the top sides.
I would want city to lose to Ipswich if it meant them instead of Argyle going up. 100%, not even one bit sorry about it šŸ˜‚

Ready to get jumped in by the nerds!

Status
Not open for further replies.