• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Charlton Athletic Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haha, my wife's mother always called mizzle "that nasty wetting rain" which has always made us laugh, so we've had a giggle this morning seeing you describe it the same! šŸ¤£
Alternatively, in honour of our manager, we could use the wonderful Scottish word 'dreich.'

David Treharne

Still no 'glaw' even though it's dull. It's 11c and the wind has gone round to the W and is continuing to shift towards WNW. If anything the wind strength has decreased. I'm anbout to set off for the ground for an early pint and a pasty, which I note will have increased in price by 50p possibly giving new impetus to the cry "Who ate all the pasties?"

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aimson starts with the rest of the new signings on the bench. Personally, think that's a little harsh on Diabate but it's up to Aimson to justify the selection.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
1675519594313.png

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am hoping the players don't have a collective negative reaction to the Jevani situation. On the field he has scored our last 3 goals and is instrumental to our attacking game.
Could have an inverse effect. I can imagine Stanfield will be chomping at the bit to chalk up some goals in Brown's absence.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Today is not going to be an easy match. Charlton may be in flux with regard to their possible change of ownership, and had a lack lustre transfer window, but their results to date in 2023 are respectable. Wins over Barnsley (H), Lincoln (H) and Pompey (A), with the only reverse being a 2-1 home defeat by Bolton. We will need to put in a decent performance to secure all three points.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's the line up we would expect given the new signings.The creativity available off the bench is untried,but we will soon find out.

ryancooper327

Is Woods short or is Blackman just massive?

Squeezebox

My ifollow line-up is showing Scott Brown as a sub (making 8 on the bench)!!!

older-codger

My ifollow line-up is showing Scott Brown as a sub (making 8 on the bench)!!!
BBC also has 8 subs with 40 Brown