• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully with the likes of Chrisene Stansfield and Pond dotted around the premiershite, and the ever increasing price of premiershite players we should have some tasty dripfeeds over sometime, assuming they all have sell on clauses.

Who needs a sugar daddy, or to be a rich persons plaything eh.

rooecfc

Now our cut would really be worth having with a bid like that.
Yep even 20 million would make us a tasty 4, just a shame that money would come too late for us to give it all to Jevani to stay 😉

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep even 20 million would make us a tasty 4, just a shame that money would come too late for us to give it all to Jevani to stay 😉
Remember, our cut is 20% of the fee Chelsea receive, minus the money we have already received. Even so, a £20M sale would net us a decent wedge.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remember, our cut is 20% of the fee Chelsea receive, minus the money we have already received. Even so, a £20M sale would net us a decent wedge.
.......... and keep us going for a couple of seasons !

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
.......... and keep us going for a couple of seasons !
I think we would be looking at investing a fair amount of the money into capital projects. I think a new away end and buying the freehold of the St James Centre (along with updating the bars etc) would be primary candidates for this money, along with completing Phase 2 of the training ground.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we would be looking at investing a fair amount of the money into capital projects. I think a new away end and buying the freehold of the St James Centre (along with updating the bars etc) would be primary candidates for this money, along with completing Phase 2 of the training ground.
What is phase 2 ?

Boyo

That depends on how much Chelsea have received to date, in loan fees. If it's equal or higher than the amount they have paid us, then we should get the whole 20% of any future transfer fee.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is phase 2 ?
Phase two will be the development of classrooms, office space and additional changing room capacity for the academy. The ground works for this were completed at the same time as phase 1, so this will reduce the cost. Phase 2 should allow for office staff to relocate from SJP to the training ground - which may enable increase in bar capacity in the St James Centre.

Red Bill

That depends on how much Chelsea have received to date, in loan fees. If it's equal or higher than the amount they have paid us, then we should get the whole 20% of any future transfer fee.
Yes I thought that was already the case and we are now due 20% of all transfer and loan income.

Bridgy 81

I think Ethan has one more season left after this one on his current contract.
So I suppose (and hope) this summer is when Chelsea are likely to sell him if that’s their intention.
Alternatively they might extend his contract again (hopefully unlikely) or (worst case scenario) let him run it down and leave on a free, which I can’t see happening as that would be like them throwing their (and our) money down the drain!