• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Fleetwood Town match day thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Much needed win. Not amazing but got the job done.

Key or Diabate Motm.

Caprice utter carp.

Thanks KN, stepped up and took the reins when required, looking forward to seeing who we appoint.

Cowshed Grecian

Tell him thanks but we are OK as we are
Don’t be silly. Look at the context. If we still had MT and Wayno here I’m pretty confident we would of won that game today comfortably 3 or 4-nil.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good result that, and a million times better than last week’s debacle. Fleetwood were a pretty side, I think their goal, which looked to have took a massive deflection, was I think their only shot on target.

Nice to see Diabate and Dieng back on the pitch, and as a small aside I wonder how many other teams will have seven academy graduates in their starting 11?

Kev in 😉
Beeb says they had 3 on target but I can't think of them.

I was hoping during the summer that the standard of refereeing would be better in L1 however I'm sadly disappointed.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster

I was hoping during the summer that the standard of refereeing would be better in L1 however I'm sadly disappointed.
I seem to remember a couple of blocked shots from the edge of the box second half

dontpassback

Grit and determination got us a welcome 3 points today,good to see Cheick back in and having a good game.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think it was just cramp. ie fit to play not match fit just yet.

Josh's run for the 3nd goal was wonderful to behold.
We've seen lots of runs like that before; the difference this time is that he was able to pick out a City player in the box.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Jamal caught one that came straight at hm.
Archie blocked one that could have been goal bound.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on lads, keep the pressure on, couple of late subs to inject a bit of energy and a nice 2-1 home win please.

Norman Collier.
Binney's head credited with the assist. Good work.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t be silly. Look at the context. If we still had MT and Wayno here I’m pretty confident we would of won that game today comfortably 3 or 4-nil.
Totally disagree. This was in part decisions made by the caretaker squad and injury returns

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Considering Fleetwood have only conceded more than 1 goal in a league game once this year, I'm not sure what makes you think that!!

This was a good 2-1 win that we had to grind out. Well done to KN and John Hill and hopefully both still have a part to play at the club moving forward when the new Manager comes in.