• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolutely not.
It would be the pair who might have to still represent their shredded party who would have most to dread
50% chance of becoming leader though

Grecian2K

50% chance of becoming leader though
Double jeopardy then!

Spoonz Red E

Exactly, she speaks for everyone, she’s on all of our sides.
I've heard they're going to cut back "We're all in it together" to "'We're all in it" as part of the fiercely rigorous efficiency measures Chris Philp was championing this morning.

DB9

Hey, if you're 30 points behind in the polls for an extended period....what have you got to lose? Genuine question.

And yes, I'd be miffed if he did return and scrapped all of last Friday's budget.
It would show that the Tories are even more divided than ever, Don't forget over 75% or backbench Tories didn't vote for Johnson in the last VONC and just because the blue rinse brigade at the leadership hustings wanted him back they are not the whole electorate. Also this is what Sunak said would happen in the hustings if you went down the path Ms Truss is going, Who happens not to be going to the Tory Party conference this year, Think he's doing the best thing, "Your Mess Truss, You stand there and take it"

angelic upstart

I do like the sound of white people telling people of colour how to behave.....
Lammy ain't white.

Mr Jinx

Would never quite work out that way but someone running that poll the the "electoral calculus" thingee is showing that would leave the Tories with just two seats....which means a couple of their MPs will be having a sleepless night!
and what are those 2 seats pray tell?

Mr Jinx

It would show that the Tories are even more divided than ever, Don't forget over 75% or backbench Tories didn't vote for Johnson in the last VONC and just because the blue rinse brigade at the leadership hustings wanted him back they are not the whole electorate. Also this is what Sunak said would happen in the hustings if you went down the path Ms Truss is going, Who happens not to be going to the Tory Party conference this year, Think he's doing the best thing, "Your Mess Truss, You stand there and take it"
I hear ya. But a majority of members didn't want Johnson to quit (and would've voted for him over Sunak, Truss or Badenoch in the recent Leadership contest had he stood). Tory MPs at the end of the day just want to be or stay in power and will do whatever it takes. This is all hypothetical stuff and not wishful thinking from me, but I wonder if his phone is ringing at the moment?

DB9

I hear ya. But a majority of members didn't want Johnson to quit (and would've voted for him over Sunak, Truss or Badenoch in the recent Leadership contest had he stood). Tory MPs at the end of the day just want to be or stay in power and will do whatever it takes. This is all hypothetical stuff and not wishful thinking from me, but I wonder if his phone is ringing at the moment?
But the majority of MP's did in the end, They put the last two to the membership. He would be the same as he was before, Your "Flip Flop" Policies you disliked would be back and wouldn't be able to help himself to show what an awful character he is that did for him in the end, He'd probably put Pincher in the cabinet.

Ms Truss has to do something otherwise she'll have one of the shortest PM tenures ever, They should of got Mordaunt in, She was the favourite with the membership. I wouldn't go much on the Polls, Much as i like how they read its not how it will be come a GE.

arthur

"But the Tories are just playing with us. It’s as if the members said: “So you think David Cameron is useless? Just wait until we give you Theresa.” And once we’d all had about enough of May, they gave us a narcissistic, sociopathic liar instead.

Now, to top it all – at least we hope so; surely there can’t be another one who is even worse? – we’ve been landed with Liz Truss. Someone who is not just half-witted and robotic, but reckless enough to bankrupt the country. The ideologue with only a tenuous grasp on reality. There’s always a job waiting for Truss in an automated call centre: a deathless loop that sucks the life out of you."

arthur

….because for better or worse with this Government it’s not about how it looks.
Can't argue with that :D