• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course they do, albeit reluctantly. That is my point.
How do you know that they pay reluctantly ?

tavyred

He doesn’t, they’re successful people ergo they are selfish grabbing counts!! 🙄

tavyred

1. Increase PA to £20k as a permanent move but increase to £25k for the next 12 months
2. Remove VAT on energy bills for the next 12 months
3. Increase universal credit rates by 50%

Just off the top of my head, without any of the information that the government has to hand.
Considering the bottom 40% of earners pay no personal tax anyway, how does increasing the PA help?
Permanently upping UC just encourages people to remain on in-work benefits and with 1.2 million vacancies we need people leaving the UC sphere not staying in it.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Tavy, man of the white working class, closes off the biggest source of available employees, limiting the availability of labour, and then suggests they (the WWC) get off their arses and work harder and more, whilst giving away cash to the not white working class.

Legend.

Grecian2K

A fair comment there Al.
They can afford to sub-contract the "reluctance" to expensive accountants and "advisors" to do it for them.

tavyred

Tavy, man of the white working class, closes off the biggest source of available employees, limiting the availability of labour, and then suggests they (the WWC) get off their arses and work harder and more, whilst giving away cash to the not white working class.

Legend.
Just for the record my primary problem with FOM EU style was the large amounts of cheap foreign labour who merely mirrored what too many of our workers did and worked part time and picked up in work benefits.
Nothing wrong in our post EU period to invite people in on work visas to suit our needs. I believe we’ve dolled out 1.2m of those visas in recent years.

angelic upstart

Just for the record my primary problem with FOM EU style was the large amounts of cheap foreign labour who merely mirrored what too many of our workers did and worked part time and picked up in work benefits.
Nothing wrong in our post EU period to invite people in on work visas to suit our needs. I believe we’ve dolled out 1.2m of those visas in recent years.
There's the answer to your earlier point. Provide worthwhile wages, and the people will work. They'll pay more tax too.

Grecian2K

Indeed. If the RW MSM is to believed there are millions of white Russian potential conscriptees just gagging to come over here to pick crops for nothing in exchange for a slightly longer life.

Invite this willing army of veg pickers over and the likes of Jinx Tavares supplies of asparagus and strawberries for next season will be safely assured.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder... proportionately, how many EU workers were also on in work benefits? Do you? I know that I met many regularly, and I only know of one that was. They just wanted to work.

Now, rather than drive up wages, we're telling everyone that is very, very bad (because it's so inflationary), whilst hiring in labour for better paid work, and doling out freebies to the rich and super rich.

Like I said, Legend!

tavyred

There's the answer to your earlier point. Provide worthwhile wages, and the people will work. They'll pay more tax too.
The was no incentive to provide worthwhile wages, just employ people on the cheap part time and let the state top up their wages so they can live on it.