• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Cheick out for 6 weeks and Stubbs knee swollen plus Grounds injury tonight.
Sweenze on 4 yellows already - anyone play at the back ?

Grounds is picking up yellows every week too at the moment (though I have enjoyed the last two).

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Getting worried now we have a couple of games coming up live on Sky in the not too distant future need to get our defence sorted well before then or else we could find ourselves beings seriously embarrassed on National TV…..Argyle on Halloween
Once we can keep picking up points and keep us a safe distance from the relegation zone hopefully we will be ok . But I’d be asking questions I’d we don’t put away a truly awful Burton side on Saturday.
No excuses

Cowshed Grecian

Once we can keep picking up points and keep us a safe distance from the relegation zone hopefully we will be ok . But I’d be asking questions I’d we don’t put away a truly awful Burton side on Saturday.
No excuses
We’re not getting relegated.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
No excuses
It is going to be a pressure game because this is a game we certainly can’t afford to lose or even draw.

Cowshed Grecian

It is going to be a pressure game because this is a game we certainly can’t afford to lose or even draw.
Why is it a pressure game? We will still have another 37 games to play and we are still 9th.

sign of the chimes

No excuses
I hate to share this but Burton gave us a tough game this evening. How much of that was down to the 'new manager bounce' I don't know, but I saw various stuff leading in to tonight that suggested they had been pretty unlucky in several of their games this season, and saw enough evidence this evening to back that up.

I suspect that in many ways your side is more gelled than ours - and perhaps that made it easier for Burton to shut us down for large parts this evening - but don't underestimate them based on their current league position (cue 4-0 City win ;-))

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is it a pressure game? We will still have another 37 games to play and we are still 9th.
Because on paper this is the easiest one of them all and we need all the points we can get.

As for the other 36 whether we like it or not realistically we are unlikely to pick up that many points from half of them…..so we do need to make the proverbial hay while the sun shines.

Cowshed Grecian

Because on paper this is the easiest one of them all and we need all the points we can get.

As for the other 36 whether we like it or not realistically we are unlikely to pick up that many points from half of them…..so we do need to make the proverbial hay while the sun shines.
Not sure where you get the evidence for that from…when have you seen a game this season whether win, draw or lost you’ve thought the other side were better than us? You haven’t. We can easily compete in this league, do you really think the big guns Derby, Bolton, Ipswich are looking forward to playing us?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecianpasty

Having watched the replays Blackman should have done a lot better with the first two goals. Palmed the ball back into a dangerous area for the first, and slow to get down for what was a shot in the centre of the goal. Poor goalkeeping.