• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jevani Brown

tom_ecfc

In the Devon Live’s latest article talking about Jevani Brown, he mentioned at the end that he hopes to be called up to the Jamaica squad again for the game against Argentina on Wed 28th Sep. Being played at the Red Bull Academy Training Field, New Jersey, USA.

This game sits a day after the Papa John’s trophy game vs Southampton under 21’s (which he prob wouldn’t be involved in anyway) and sits either side of the televised FGR‘s (away) match on Sat 24th Sep and Bristol Rovers (home) match on Sat 1st Oct.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the Devon Live’s latest article talking about Jevani Brown, he mentioned at the end that he hopes to be called up to the Jamaica squad again for the game against Argentina on Wed 28th Sep. Being played at the Red Bull Academy Training Field, New Jersey, USA.

This game sits a day after the Papa John’s trophy game vs Southampton under 21’s (which he prob wouldn’t be involved in anyway) and sits either side of the televised FGR‘s (away) match on Sat 24th Sep and Bristol Rovers (home) match on Sat 1st Oct.
Did we ever get the story of why he left early? I really can't imagine we insisted he return. All I can assume is he took a look around and realised how bad the standard of that group of players was.

tom_ecfc

Did we ever get the story of why he left early? I really can't imagine we insisted he return. All I can assume is he took a look around and realised how bad the standard of that group of players was.
Here is Craig’s interview with Jev pre MK Dons where he discusses this.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster

That wouldn’t be good from our point of view I wouldn’t want him missing two important League matches.

Antony Moxey

You’re not allowed to recall players from international duty I think. They can be withdrawn through injury, however the national side can insist a player doesn’t play for his club side for the duration of his international call up. Again, I think, I’m sure I’ve heard that somewhere before but happy to be corrected.

InMyBlood

You’re not allowed to recall players from international duty I think. They can be withdrawn through injury, however the national side can insist a player doesn’t play for his club side for the duration of his international call up. Again, I think, I’m sure I’ve heard that somewhere before but happy to be corrected.
It wasn't a FIFA sanctioned tournament so I presume normal rules don't apply. The first match was supposed to be against Ghana, who didn't turn up.
Also none of the US based players were there, mostly Jamaica league players.

Boyo

I think you're probably right. By saying that the Club recalled him is an easier PR story, than him wanting to leave because it was of low standard.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely let him play for Jamaica whenever he wants is my view. One thing I really hate about fans of big teams is when they complain about their players playing for their country. Spanish fans are the worst for this. I remember when Rivaldo played for Barcelona and he used to go back to Brazil for home games. The Brazilians didn't like him (even when he was the Balon d'Or winner) and would blame him for any bad results. Once I recall, when I was living in Brazil, he was playing at home to Peru or someone and Brazil weren't winning, it was 0-0 after 70 minutes and the crowd were abusing him "Rivaldo...viado" (look it up). Then I moved to Barcelona and the Barça fans would give him stick for travelling to Brazil for games, he couldn't win either way. He still faithfully played for his country and it's very rare for South American players to give up playing for their national team if they are unpopular or not first choice, unlike has been the case with English players over the years.