• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sonny Cox

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The suggestion was he should go to Weymouth on loan.
I wonder if Weymouth would be another option, seeing as how they have just been relegated to the national league South.

As stated in my previous post, I believe he's better than that level, and if the opportunity to go to Yeovil or Torquay presented itself it would be a win win for all parties.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taunton won again today, they’re doing ok. Weymouth are a mess have been for years.
never the same after Logie left :) But in keeping this thread on track Sonny would ignite Weymouth's chances of staying up for sure

Bridgy 81

never the same after Logie left
and Tulls.

DJG.ECFC

Went to watch Taunton today, their strikers are definitely their weak point, rest of the team looks decent. Sonny would do well there I reckon but still think he has a role to play for us unless we get two strikers in

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Went to watch Taunton today, their strikers are definitely their weak point, rest of the team looks decent. Sonny would do well there I reckon but still think he has a role to play for us unless we get two strikers in
Like you say unless we get strikers in he is going nowhere

tom_ecfc

I wonder what the plan is for Sonny Cox? Currently sat at our 4th ’best’ striker. Such a shame a loan didn’t materialise. Was the lateness of the Jay Stansfield transfer a factor in him not getting a loan move and playing minutes away from SJP?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder what the plan is for Sonny Cox? Currently sat at our 4th ’best’ striker. Such a shame a loan didn’t materialise. Was the lateness of the Jay Stansfield transfer a factor in him not getting a loan move and playing minutes away from SJP?
I believe he can still go out on loan to a non-league club so I presume that will still be the plan.

Bridgy 81

I believe he can still go out on loan to a non-league club so I presume that will still be the plan.
Loan him to Taunton (who have started well in National League South and have hardworking forwards but none who are scoring regularly) and I’ll try and keep an eye on him for you all.

Exehausted

They are obviously keen to keep him involved with the first team squad. On Saturday he was on the pitch at about 2.15 doing shuttle runs and working very hard. I think it would be better to keep him here because as we know Sam has to be managed very carefully and he could miss some games. We would then need Sonny on the bench. We also have the FA Cup coming up and Trophy games so he should see some action. Playing games at a much lower level for the sake of it is a waste as I see it. The only clubs I would consider loaning him too would be local full time clubs Torquay and Yeovil. That's if they wanted him and were prepared to give him game time, which is never guaranteed. Are we still able to loan people to the National League even though the window for us to bring people in is shut? From the comments above it seems like we are!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are obviously keen to keep him involved with the first team squad. On Saturday he was on the pitch at about 2.15 doing shuttle runs and working very hard. I think it would be better to keep him here because as we know Sam has to be managed very carefully and he could miss some games. We would then need Sonny on the bench. We also have the FA Cup coming up and Trophy games so he should see some action. Playing games at a much lower level for the sake of it is a waste as I see it. The only clubs I would consider loaning him too would be local full time clubs Torquay and Yeovil. That's if they wanted him and were prepared to give him game time, which is never guaranteed. Are we still able to loan people to the National League even though the window for us to bring people in is shut? From the comments above it seems like we are!
But if he's sitting on the bench not getting game time and then Nombe gets injured he won't be match fit. Send him to Taunton, he can train with us part-time and we can recall him if he's needed, like we did last year with Cheick Diabate.