• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
No it doesn’t - we have the budget for 3x players and aren’t signing anyone. We could have got one of those in at the same level money wise.
Do you understand budgets?

Grecian Max

Ah yes, all owners are evil line - amazing we’re not champions already with all the teams that have gone bust

angelic upstart

No assets to fleece haven’t we just spent £3m on a training complex? I’m not saying the trust is holding us back, I’m allowed to question if it’s holding us moving forward though. If I’m not wrong it was 20 years the trust was set up to save the club, at that time none of us decided it would be the operational model forever did they?
We don't own the land. The complex has no resale value without owning the land.

Grecian Max

I do, yes. None of those players would be worth 3x wages, we clearly already went over on Blackman to not start the season with just Brown, perhaps we should have done that instead of ending up with 0 signings. Bear in mind we’re not even paying money for Kegs 😂 We are paying 2 players.

Colesman Ballz

Yes it does. They offer more money for players because they have more. Argyle through investment and 5k more bums on seats every game. A decent prawn sandwich brigade for the first time ever, the taverners chucking money about left right and centre and bringing in loads for the club. The council mostly being inside for them.

Rovers' owner spunks a fortune every year and they managed to finish one place above us last year.

That's why we can't afford those players.
Er, wash your mouth out, Rovers finished BELOW us despite the owners dosh ! :p

Cowshed Grecian

Oh that’s good to know my day gets better! I mean good job we’ve got no money for the playing budget safe in the knowledge now the training ground we spent £3m on isn’t even an asset of ours.

Grecian Max

I particularly liked it when Taylor said he could sign 10 but wanted real quality. Then it was 6 with loans. Then nothing. Magic budget.

Trapdoor

Fvck private ownership models. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Grecian Max

Fairly sure there’s some sort of covenant that ensures it remains a football facility though?

Grecian Max

Fvck private ownership models. That's all I have to say on the matter.
Yeehhh **** all other teams apart from a tiny minority. So inward, small town mentality.