• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New signings in by Tuesday night? Or Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Says Matt Taylor, or maybe Saturday.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hoping so, MT knows we're short in areas and need players. On the Summer Transfer Thread i kept reading posters saying we don't need players, We've got enough etc, I prefer to listen to what MT says, If he say's we need some in then we do, Also I'm not sure if i read too much into it but his pre-Cambridge interview was the first time there was "Hint of Frustration" with the club over signings, This is not a slight on the club, That is how i heard it, Could be totally wrong.

I'll be happy when the media team are at the C&F interviewing any new signings. 🙏

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who said we didn't need players? Where are these posts?

StudentGrecian

Interesting in his post match interview MT talked about helping players like Nombe, Jevani and Cheick out by bringing in new signings. Wouldn’t have thought we’d be in the market for another centre back.

Banksy

Just when we need Agent Andy to give us a few clues some twerp who shall be nameless has offended him and discouraged him from posting.
Still , won’t be long to wait to hopefully get some good news.

DB9

Who said we didn't need players? Where are these posts?
Look back on the Summer Transfer Thread

Banksy

Interesting in his post match interview MT talked about helping players like Nombe, Jevani and Cheick out by bringing in new signings. Wouldn’t have thought we’d be in the market for another centre back.
Perhaps he’s not too sure about Sam Stubbs‘ fitness levels and that was a back handed way of saying Sam may not be too available.Sincerely hope not especially as it’s the other areas we really need to concentrate on.Anyway , all will be revealed soon , confident Matt will come up with the goods.

DB9

Perhaps he’s not too sure about Sam Stubbs‘ fitness levels and that was a back handed way of saying Sam may not be too available.Sincerely hope not especially as it’s the other areas we really need to concentrate on.Anyway , all will be revealed soon , confident Matt will come up with the goods.
When Stubbs and Nombe are both fit they're aren't many in L1 imo who can touch them but with this being a harder league i think MT is right to look for players who can step in and imo competition for places is good for the team, Its a long old season, 46 games plus Cups. A strong squad will help us no end to help us hopefully consolidate ourselves in L1.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Hoping so, MT knows we're short in areas and need players. On the Summer Transfer Thread i kept reading posters saying we don't need players, We've got enough etc, I prefer to listen to what MT says, If he say's we need some in then we do, Also I'm not sure if i read too much into it but his pre-Cambridge interview was the first time there was "Hint of Frustration" with the club over signings, This is not a slight on the club, That is how i heard it, Could be totally wrong.

I'll be happy when the media team are at the C&F interviewing any new signings. 🙏
yep totally agree and I said this on Thursday after MT’s pre-game interview before Cambridge on one of the threads. It was evident again yesterday in both his BBC Radio Devon interview and club interview post game that he is desperate for players and did seem as if he was asking for more help from the board.

Again this is not a criticism of the club in any shape or form, but it is clear that MT is now getting frustrated and doesn’t want our good start to mask the fact that signings are definitely needed if we are to compete.

grecIAN Harris

Anybody care to take a punt with some random guesses (and I say guesses as that's all they will be)?
Going on Matt wanted a different alternative up front, I give you Sam Cosgrove. A player who has the ability but needs some help to put himself back on the right path, something we're very good at doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.