• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Boyo

I'm sure some of our fanbase are of the opinion that MT and his management team spent the off-season just sitting around drinking coffee and watching Homes Under the Hammer. Probably the same clowns who take to social media at every opportunity and urge the club to sign anyone, just to make things interesting.
Indeed. I’ve noticed it’s the same people moaning this summer as it was last summer at the lack of “marquee” signings.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s not like we’re waiting on one star signing we need four or five to give the squad a little bit of depth

dommers

I'm sure some of our fanbase are of the opinion that MT and his management team spent the off-season just sitting around drinking coffee and watching Homes Under the Hammer.
They clearly haven't been doing that although what they have been hasn't resulted in any signings. I wonder if we've set the bar too high and might have been better aiming to get some bodies in to provider some competition for places and/or trying to some youngsters in and improving them.

ryancooper327

If we need another CB with Stubbs record we could look at Paul Downing with over 250 games in L1 and above, and he’s from Taunton… That said, wages would surely be similar to Ray and he was shipped off… Edit, I know there are 4 positions of more urgent need…

Last edited:

milts

Has there been a more disappointing preseason in recent times?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has there been a more disappointing preseason in recent times?
Not against lower league opposition - we used to play higher league teams "on tour" in the SW but guess they are all in foreign climes

denzel

Not against lower league opposition - we used to play higher league teams "on tour" in the SW but guess they are all in foreign climes
Plenty of higher league teams have come down to the South West. I understood our issue was that we didn't want anyone on the pitch..

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had to be a joke as the the truth is probably the complete opposite, he has probably been working his backside off.
Isn't our head of recruitment also our first team manager, fitness coach, nutritionist, etc etc

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
They clearly haven't been doing that although what they have been hasn't resulted in any signings. I wonder if we've set the bar too high and might have been better aiming to get some bodies in to provider some competition for places and/or trying to some youngsters in and improving them.
Said this a while ago. Unrealistic targets equals disappointment and the realistic targets being snapped up elsewhere.

andrew p long

2000 posts! Would be MT? Can't get a signing , youngsters want to leave and now a racist comment allegation to manage!