• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Grecian Year

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great work chaps. Nice to know you're not idling your time away close season !
Yes, it's good to know the gap between pushing season ticket sales and making new signing videos has been used productively.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Episode 2...

craigbratt

Is Craig getting any holiday this year?
What about @Scott_Palfrey?! 🤣

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've now watched most of the first episode and, as we've come to expect from our marketing team, the production quality really is exceptional.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
🤔Working for ECFC, for him life's a permanent holiday :ROFLMAO:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bet you go together like Ant and Dec or Morecambe and Wise.

And take Chas.

andrew p long

I've now watched most of the first episode and, as we've come to expect from our marketing team, the production quality really is exceptional.
Yes. two things I particularly liked were a) the compelling narrative story and b) the way it all seemed fresh - achieved through a face to camera with a variety of different interesting backgrounds.

The reality was that the underlying material is all stuff we've seen before - so it would have been easy for this to end up as 'one game after another ' (much as history can become simply 'just one event after another'). So to make it appear fresh was a real triumph.

I'd also been thinking about the season's stories of individual players. The stand out is Cheickh Diabate - from the October video of a youngster miles from City's first team signing a contract extension saying he hoped to make his first team debut some time,
through the January Player of the Month award when he talked about hopes for promotion even though we were struggling to get in the play off positions, ending with humbling on the pitch throughout the final games of the season.

(though I also really like the Cameron Dawson story. His first interview has him driving down at 7.30pm from Sheffield the night before. His hope was 'to play some games'. 50 appearances (including 45 out of 46 league games) later at the open top bus parade he is pictured tipsily singing his version of the fans song ' we want me to stay'!)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

episode 4

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Finally got to watch the next 3 episodes. Great way to finish a series, always like a happy ending.

Liked the style of filming and I bet there are some great outtakes. :)