• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chelski fans to make a stand v Russia ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Slightly puzzled about how this relates to the Chelsea situation Al.
(Unless of course it's a veiled reference to those "Shed End Lads" back in the 70s and 80s?)
Just a reply to Hants who does not go off topic

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Despite their owner being sanctioned / disqualified their so called fans choose still to sing their owners praises and their "club" allows banners supporting their owners "Empire" to be flown at matches.
Football authorities obviously need to act again to show Chelski fans are not above those suffering in Ukraine !
What about Chelski in the Conference next season ?

DB9

Despite their owner being sanctioned / disqualified their so called fans choose still to sing their owners praises and their "club" allows banners supporting their owners "Empire" to be flown at matches.
Football authorities obviously need to act again to show Chelski fans are not above those suffering in Ukraine !
What about Chelski in the Conference next season ?
Unlike Russia we can display banners that people don't agree with and as I've seen and heard on TV with Chelsea fans, They do not support the war but support their chairman who has given them untold success, No one, Not even the Government are sure about RA and where his money came from but his close association with Putin and the rather "Meh" statement he put out shows to me two things, He's either still close to Putin or worried that he'll get the same sort of treatment that others have had for speaking out against Putin.

I think what will happen is a quick sale and the money from that will be frozen until such times it can be released. In all the time he has been owner of CFC he has never given a public interview at all.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saudi Arabia executed 81 people yesterday :(
Whilst I am wholeheartedly against any human rights breaches, could we then sanction American owners as the USA still have the death penalty in a few states?

This is going to be a very difficult problem for the Premier League to deal with.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Whilst I am wholeheartedly against any human rights breaches, could we then sanction American owners as the USA still have the death penalty in a few states?

This is going to be a very difficult problem for the Premier League to deal with.
Lethal injection for multiple murderers in a sanitary condition vs chopping someone's head off for what may be as small an offence as being bisexual in the town square to a baying mob then sometimes left there to rot in the sun hmmmm.
Same end results but if I had to choose I think I'd go for the first option thank you very much.

Should you however feel that strongly feel free to stop using any petrol / diesel that may have origins in Saudi Arabia or any vehicle that may also use those products.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lethal injection for multiple murderers in a sanitary condition vs chopping someone's head off for what may be as small an offence as being bisexual in the town square to a baying mob then sometimes left there to rot in the sun hmmmm.
Same end results but if I had to choose I think I'd go for the first option thank you very much.

Should you however feel that strongly feel free to stop using any petrol / diesel that may have origins in Saudi Arabia or any vehicle that may also use those products.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree and the way the Saudi's (and many Middle Eastern countries) do things is horrendous.

My point is that you probably don't have to look too far into a number of club owners backgrounds to find something distasteful. As you mentioned, if people are that against Saudi money perhaps they should refrain from using facebook or driving cars or countless other things that have Saudi money in. The government are quick to role out the red carpet for the Saudi prince (nobody bats an eyelid), but when they purchase a football club suddenly Eddie Howe is meant to be some world leader in human rights.

DB9

I think Ramone its more the "Hypocrisy" of it, RA has got it in both barrels (Quite Rightly if true what has been reported) Yet NUFC and even MCFC have Middle Eastern owners who's HR records are absmyal to say the least and nothing is done, Even now our PM is going to SA and the UAE to schmooze their leaders for better terms for their oil, Don't forget also that Chinese owners run i think all the Birmingham clubs (Villa, Wolves, BCFC and WBA) and their HR record is just as awful, Plus Bournemouth are Russian owned too and very little has been said about that, I'd imagine that owning a big club is a great way of "Cleaning" any dirty money.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

DB9

"Good" news that Chelsea have withdrawn their request to play their FA Cup game at Middlesbrough behind closed doors, They said playing behind closed doors was to "Maintain Sporting Integrity" 🙄 What a load of carp! Their Chairman Buck? (Not Owner) just does not get it.