• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Offrande Zanzala

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had some insurance for something last year, and it would be silly not to protect your assets as they can break down at the drop of a hat (or bad landing), but no doubt it is costly.

Have we been unfortunate with injuries this year (losing our spine at one stage) or do we normally suffer this amount of injuries. One of the things Matt wanted to reduce when he started as manager was the injury list and made appointments accordingly, and he is very conscious of not rushing players back upon their return to fitness, but .... is it luck?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps, just perhaps we were wrong to throw him into full on first team football when he hadn't started for Barrow for some time and was possibly short of match fitness?

Smithyno6

Gutting. Felt like we had found a decent replacement for Nombe and got back on track.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gutting. Felt like we had found a decent replacement for Nombe and got back on track.
Looking longer term, seeing how well Ozzie has fitted in so quickly, we need to persuade Ozzie that being a Grecian is a good future by looking after him when he needs support most.
Wherever we are next season having Sam & Ozzie around is vital.
Get well soon Ozzie - the future is Red n White !

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had some insurance for something last year, and it would be silly not to protect your assets as they can break down at the drop of a hat (or bad landing), but no doubt it is costly.

Have we been unfortunate with injuries this year (losing our spine at one stage) or do we normally suffer this amount of injuries. One of the things Matt wanted to reduce when he started as manager was the injury list and made appointments accordingly, and he is very conscious of not rushing players back upon their return to fitness, but .... is it luck?
That was Business Interuption insurance which covered covid losses. Numerous clubs benefited from this last season. I may be wrong but my understanding of player insurance was that it covers the cost of medical fees and costs. I don’t believe it covers wages unless there is something through the PFA? However I can’t believe that clubs would do so for temporary signings?

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
That was Business Interuption insurance which covered covid losses. Numerous clubs benefited from this last season. I may be wrong but my understanding of player insurance was that it covers the cost of medical fees and costs. I don’t believe it covers wages unless there is something through the PFA? However I can’t believe that clubs would do so for temporary signings?
I do believe that with some loans nowadays if the said player gets a significant injury the club who has loaned him is able to send him back to the parent club and hence don't have to continue to pay his wages.

Whether we have this agreement with Barrow though I have no clue. Either way, shame for Oz and the club.

Squeezebox

Looking longer term, seeing how well Ozzie has fitted in so quickly, we need to persuade Ozzie that being a Grecian is a good future by looking after him when he needs support most.
Wherever we are next season having Sam & Ozzie around is vital.
Get well soon Ozzie - the future is Red n White !
Having just been to Barrow for the afternoon (to see the wonderful "Knife Angel" sculpture before it moves on), persuading Ozzie that Exeter is a better place is no contest!

I also wonder if the "sliding on your knees" goal celebration is a good idea - having a dodgy left knee I wince every time I see it (tho' happy of course if it's us who have scored!!). I suspect Ozzie's future goal celebration may be a bit different!

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having just been to Barrow for the afternoon (to see the wonderful "Knife Angel" sculpture before it moves on), persuading Ozzie that Exeter is a better place is no contest!

I also wonder if the "sliding on your knees" goal celebration is a good idea - having a dodgy left knee I wince every time I see it (tho' happy of course if it's us who have scored!!). I suspect Ozzie's future goal celebration may be a bit different!
Oh No - not the Williams somersaults !
UTC

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

Article on the beeb website.

Number13

What is the injury and how did he do it?