• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two positive things about Gerrard's appointment - first he quickly ditched the 2 up top that wasn't working. But perhaps more importantly he quickly boosted Ollie's confidence by saying he was one of two players who had most impressed him in training (along with Ashley Young). For Ollie confidence and freedom to play without fear is very important. I'm pleasantly surprised by what I've seen from Gerrard so far.

arthur

Sort of think that Smith had Ings forced on him,

Sorry for Smith, similar with Solsjkear, had a nice little team going on and had Ronaldo forced on him.
Yes, Ronaldo's arrival brought Tino Asprilla to mind - how to disrupt a functioning team with a star signing. Ditto Ings. You wonder why people keep doing this.

Here in the lower reaches we know better than to fantasise about marquees. Dieng type reality is infinitely preferable

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two positive things about Gerrard's appointment - first he quickly ditched the 2 up top that wasn't working. But perhaps more importantly he quickly boosted Ollie's confidence by saying he was one of two players who had most impressed him in training (along with Ashley Young). For Ollie confidence and freedom to play without fear is very important. I'm pleasantly surprised by what I've seen from Gerrard so far.
For quite a long time when Gerrard was at Liverpool they only had one up top. First Torres then Suarez. He's got plenty experience of that system.

StroudGrecian

Yeah, people writing him off after he was clearly srtuggling for match fitness, was all a bit strange, but ho-hum, that's Exeweb for you.
They were writing him off on the Villans website too, it's footy forums and footy fans in general, not just exeweb.

CWH-NYC_

Put it a top class shift today.

grecIAN Harris

I love his retort to Matty Cash when Cash thought Ollie should have played him in instead of taking the shot........... "Not a chance!!" Proper strikers attitude👍

Pobbop

They were writing him off on the Villans website too, it's footy forums and footy fans in general, not just exeweb.
Oh, no doubt, it's the interweb in general TBH, did everything but score today, but really looked back to his direct harrying best.

Andy Holloway

Also a nomination for Goal of the Month on MotD, the one he scored v Brighton.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also a nomination for Goal of the Month on MotD, the one he scored v Brighton.
Came second.

haka

Ollie gets a tap-in against Norwich, seals the 2-0 win.