• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bradford City FA Cup 1st Round Replay of the Replay Match Day Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I stick by my previous comment - it didn't hit Dawson, it hit his near post and then deflected in off the other post - watch it frame by frame.
Wow, you're right, it did! I watched it several times thinking you were wrong, but then frame by frame and you're spot on 👍

However it went in, it's a bad mistake by Cam. But he's a fantastic keeper who has kept us in many games (including that one) so he's still massively in credit. Geddon Cam.

Oldsmobile-88

Trivia time.

The game against Bradford was the first time the Grecians have played 3 games in a round of a cup since 1969.The last time was the FAC 2nd round in December 1969.The first game at Northampton was drawn 1-1 the replay at SJP was 0-0.
The 2nd replay was played at Swindon in appalling conditions which resulted in a 2-1 loss.
Of course the recent 3 game tie included a annulled result.

Fred I think your dad may have played in the games I mentioned(I’ve not got my ‘bibles’with me at the moment)

Martin Weiler

Depends on your criteria but City did play 3 games in the League Cup First Round v Argyle on 13, 16 and 23 August 1977. Granted it was a two leg tie but after two draws it went to a third game at Home Park. Which City won!

Grecian2K

Trivia time.

The game against Bradford was the first time the Grecians have played 3 games in a round of a cup since 1969.The last time was the FAC 2nd round in December 1969.The first game at Northampton was drawn 1-1 the replay at SJP was 0-0.
The 2nd replay was played at Swindon in appalling conditions which resulted in a 2-1 loss.
And I went to all three games. :D
The prize on offer would have been a trip to SJP from Man Ure for the second season running. Perhaps thankfully though it wasn't to be. Instead the Mancs took the trip to the Cobblers instead. 90 minutes later George Best had netted six in the 8-2 hammering.

Wow, you're right, it did! I watched it several times thinking you were wrong, but then frame by frame and you're spot on 👍

However it went in, it's a bad mistake by Cam. But he's a fantastic keeper who has kept us in many games (including that one) so he's still massively in credit. Geddon Cam.
Thanks FBH - I thought no-one was going to get it!! If you watch the angle from the halfway line when the ball hits the first post it is already comfortably behind Cam so it made no sense that it went in off him. I agree that he is well in credit and, although Pete will disagree, he was probably only an inch or two out of position!

Oldsmobile-88

Fred I think your dad may have played in the games I mentioned(I’ve not got my ‘bibles’with me at the moment)
I’ve just checked the Rothmans..He played in all 3 games 😎

fred binneys head

I’ve just checked the Rothmans..He played in all 3 games 😎
Yep, he did 👍

STURTZ

Norman is on fire!
norman-collier.jpg

Trapdoor

Didn't realise Norman was also pulling the balls out of the hat. Is there no end to his abilities?

Arthur Davey

I stick by my previous comment - it didn't hit Dawson, it hit his near post and then deflected in off the other post - watch it frame by frame.
I’ve watched it and and watched it again, and rewatched it, and still can’t 100% make up my mind...bleddy hard to see, but I eventually find myself in agreement with you (I think!!)