• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was not in great health in his last few years but he always managed to get up to SJP.
He was still going to away games in 16/17 until he had a bad fall at Grimsby.
I used to see Maurice a lot in his latter years.
He'd pop in the shop for a cup of tea and a sit on the sofa most week days.

An absolute character and sorely missed.

Oldsmobile-88

I used to see Maurice a lot in his latter years.
He'd pop in the shop for a cup of tea and a sit on the sofa most week days.

An absolute character and sorely missed.
He was indeed..

The first time I came across him was when I was 16 on a trip to Newport.As was the norm in those days there was no segregation of supporters.Aggro in the end we were at so I & my friend stood close to Maurice(who would have been around 40 at the time) because he was a big bloke with a crew cut & looked mean.We figured no one would boot us because they would think we were with him...We escaped the 90 minutes unscathed 😁

fred binneys head

Maurice Wright was a proper City legend. I never knew him, never spoke to him, but knew who he was and liked it when I saw him at an away ground. Hearing him shout what to me was fluent incoherent Debn was a joy. RIP Grecian.

Alfie 1966

Would often watch Maurice on car park duty up at S.J.P. it was classic R.I.P. Mr Wright

Oldsmobile-88

Would often watch Maurice on car park duty up at S.J.P. it was classic R.I.P. Mr Wright
😁
“You can’t park there” ...But I’m running a errand for the club....”Well..be quick”

He was on duty there(on the site of the old Social Club) at 0800 !

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
In November and December we are currently scheduled to play 12 matches including the FA Cup replay, if we get through that then that will be an additional match or two if the first one is drawn, as well as the next round of the Pizza trophy, and an U23 fixture at Swansea. That makes 14 potentially 15 matches and an U23 match in 53 days (6 Nov - 29 Dec), and as we have already discussed, as the league is currently standing, December was not going to be an easy month any way. We shall soon see how strong our squad depth is.

Colesman Ballz

In November and December we are currently scheduled to play 12 matches including the FA Cup replay, if we get through that then that will be an additional match or two if the first one is drawn, as well as the next round of the Pizza trophy, and an U23 fixture at Swansea. That makes 14 potentially 15 matches and an U23 match in 53 days (6 Nov - 29 Dec), and as we have already discussed, as the league is currently standing, December was not going to be an easy month any way. We shall soon see how strong our squad depth is.
We already know how bleeding strong this squad is, thank you very much ! 😎

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Oldsmobile-88

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Change of date for the Premier League Cup game at Swansea