• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
291F815F-0F56-46AF-BDEA-9CCB08CA8C45.jpeg

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Transport Minister suggesting that after a meeting with the Government, the RHA leaked the Texaco issues and thus set in train the series of events you described.
You omit to point out that the man Grant Shapps has accused of leaking this news has categorically denied it.
Notwithstanding this, even if there was a leak, please explain to me how, exactly, the transport minister can claim to know who is responsible [mindful he doesn't work for the organisation from which, he claims, the leak came]?! I shall look forward to your response.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Transport Minister suggesting that after a meeting with the Government, the RHA leaked the Texaco issues and thus set in train the series of events you described.
Getting fuel to garages was becoming an issue some time ago. See, for instance, these news stories, both of which date from some considerable time before the issue gained more prominence last week.
Given the heightened distribution issues the country has been facing over recent weeks, does it not seem entirely conceivable that a journalist may, of their own volition, have approached the Road Haulage Association, BP, Esso, or whoever, for an update and reported what they were told? That is, after all, what journos are supposed to do.

Mr Jinx

Well , that was a jolly jaunt. Went to town from our little backwater village to get our weekly shopping from Sainsbury‘s . Road to the store blocked both ends with arseholes queuing for petrol literally a mile each way. Hardly moving and absolutely no provision to get into the store itself for food.All. I could do was turn back.Still we did get some bird seed from the local nursery. What a **** up.
That's a bit harsh. Maybe some of those "arseholes" need fuel for their livelihoods or perhaps take people to critical appointments, be they hospital or otherwise?

Reactions: Egg

tavyred

You omit to point out that the man Grant Shapps has accused of leaking this news has categorically denied it.
Did I? 🙄

Banksy

That's a bit harsh. Maybe some of those "arseholes" need fuel for their livelihoods or perhaps take people to critical appointments, be they hospital or otherwise?
Or maybe they don’t.I suspect a lot were chancers.At least cordon it off so they waited in their own queue , the road could have allowed for it.I gather from someone who happened to be in that queue that it took 90 minutes for them to reach the pumps .Anyway , no doubt Boris is on top of the whole problem alike a rash at this very moment.
Anyway , according to the minister it’s all down to panic buying isn’t it?

Last edited:

Grecian2K

A bit rich coming from a member of a government who have based almost their entire communication policy on "leaks" rather than through the proper channels of parliament.

Reactions: Egg

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rumour has it, the top man of the RHA is a former BBC man, who is/was an avowed remainer. Mr McKenzie denies the accusation of course.
Again, can you please explain what evidence Shapps could possibly have to substantiate his claim that McKenzie is responsible for leaking details of a discussion which took place at a meeting he was not at? Thanks.

Grecian2K

Mr McKenzie is from the EVIL BBC!
What more "proof" do you need?

tavyred

Again, can you please explain what evidence Shapps could possibly have to substantiate his claim that McKenzie is responsible for leaking details of a discussion which took place at a meeting he was not at? Thanks.
What a silly question, why is it up to
me to justify the validity of Shapps’s claims? It’s like me asking you why do you believe McKenzie when he says he wasn’t responsible. We’re both taking each of the protagonists claims at face value, what’s the difference?
I see you’re now ignoring your earlier accusation where your said I was guilty of omitting the fact that Mr McKenzie was refuting the Transport minister’s comments about the leak. In quoting my post to reply to me, you literally deleted the bit where I expressly said McKenzie denies the claims against him by Shapps. 🤷‍♂️