• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Monkey Hangers V The Grecians Saturday 25 Kick Off 3.00 p.m. BST Discussion and Prediction thread (Hartlepool vs Exeter)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt intriguingly talking about Archie in today’s interview, Josh Coley now also back in full training.

grecIAN Harris

Midfield central three of Big Nige, Dieng and Taylor on Saturday.

Rosencrantz

I saw in the oppositions fans perspective that Hartlepool normally play a 3-5-2 themselves. As we have been doing pretty well with three at the back and it was only a move on Saturday to more or less match Sutton up with a formation change because of the way the game was going, I'm not sure Matt will tinker too much with either the shape or personnel.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough game. 1-1 is my prediction.

A win and I might start dreaming, as early as it is in the season, we just need to avoid the obligatory bad form post Xmas.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough game. 1-1 is my prediction.

A win and I might start dreaming, as early as it is in the season, we just need to avoid the obligatory bad form post Xmas.
Hopefully our 12th man Chas & Co will avoid the obligatory bad form post Xmas ! UTC

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw in the oppositions fans perspective that Hartlepool normally play a 3-5-2 themselves. As we have been doing pretty well with three at the back and it was only a move on Saturday to more or less match Sutton up with a formation change because of the way the game was going, I'm not sure Matt will tinker too much with either the shape or personnel.
Totally agree. Can only really see one change. Possibly Kite to sit out and either Taylor or Nige to come in.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree. Can only really see one change. Possibly Kite to sit out and either Taylor or Nige to come in.
I think Taylor for Kite is the only probable change; personally I'd give Kite one more game, although, with Taylor improving and Collins getting fitter, his time as a starting player does appear to be coming to an end, for now at least. I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about Sweeney's place in the team; he admitted himself he didn't play well against Sutton and he made a couple of defensive mistakes against Forest Green as well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully our 12th man Chas & Co will avoid the obligatory bad form post Xmas ! UTC
Well, the early signs are promising that we won't be able to use the pitch as an excuse for any dip in form. And the fact that the club are hosting extra games on the pitch suggests the powers-that-be are confident the pitch will continue to hold up well.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hartlepool Manager Dave Challinor pre match thoughts

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member