• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Wycombe Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pre-match interview with George Ray

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like I said on twitter, I cannot wait to go 1-0 down after 5 minutes to Akinfenwa bullying our CB's and then Wycombe proceeding to time waste for the remaining 85 minutes.
This is Wycombe we are playing, that's very optimistic, unless a spell in the championship has changed their style of play.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't believe this hasn't been started yet. Where's the enthuisiam?
Much changed side, no doubt, but still looking forward to it.
Given we're short on numbers generally and missing three more through injury, where do you think this 'much changed side is materialising from?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is Wycombe we are playing, that's very optimistic, unless a spell in the championship has changed their style of play.
Reports of last season's games suggested that it has, a bit; and though typically their games had between 4 and 6 minutes of added time in the second half this was true of the leagues as a whole.

BTW it was noticeable at the Euros that referees added much less time, 2-3 minutes was common and the England - Germany game had none!

We may get a better idea tonight.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given we're short on numbers generally and missing three more through injury, where do you think this 'much changed side is materialising from?
I would expect most, if not all, of Lee, Dyer, Rowe, Caprese, Kite and Seymour to start. Am intrigued to see which of these makes the most of the chance and shows they're ready for the first team.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would expect most, if not all, of Lee, Dyer, Rowe, Caprese, Kite and Seymour to start. Am intrigued to see which of these makes the most of the chance and shows they're ready for the first team.
New Signing? ;)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
New Signing? ;)
he meant Caprice, capiche?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
he meant Caprice, capiche?
My bad, though it probably reflects how much of a forgotten figure Jake has become.

andrew p long

Yes, puzzling isn't it. But MT made it perfectly plain in interview after Saturday that he is going to make changes, opportunities for others etc...

But with Saturday's bench being so inexperienced (one league goal between them four who haven't started in the league, a fifth Kite with one league start, plus Ben Seymour 11 league starts and Caprice) then it isn't going to be a strong line up. MT has also been clear that this Cup isn't our priority.

I agree with SEA Grecian that many of Saturday's subs will start - five I reckon.

Grecian2K