• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
On the subject of Scotland(a place I love as if you didn’t already know)
Let the SNP have their Indy2 ref on the proviso that if they lose there will not be another one for 40 years.
If Scots decide to turn their backs on a largely successful & prosperous union in the past couple of hundred years,that’s up to them.Let them get on with it.
Good luck with re joining the EU,hard border and all, plus dealing with their share of the national Debt.
The SNP are confident they can deal with all that.
They will not be able to blame Westminster if it all goes ‘tits up’ There will be no hiding place if it does.

I don’t think anyone wants years of friction about referendums,we have all had enough of that.

Oldsmobile-88

Absolutely. Liverpool needs someone decent to run it. 9 of the last 10 by elections have been won by women too.
The Independent Stephen Yip had 40% of the vote(Anderson 60%) in the convoluted voting process.
In a city with Liverpool’s make up of politics that’s a surprise & a shot across the bow for Labour.

IndoMike

On the subject of Scotland(a place I love as if you didn’t already know)
Let the SNP have their Indy2 ref on the proviso that if they lose there will not be another one for 40 years.
If Scots decide to turn their backs on a largely successful & prosperous union in the past couple of hundred years,that’s up to them.Let them get on with it.
Good luck with re joining the EU,hard border and all, plus dealing with their share of the national Debt.
The SNP are confident they can deal with all that.
They will not be able to blame Westminster if it all goes ‘tits up’ There will be no hiding place if it does.

I don’t think anyone wants years of friction about referendums,we have all had enough of that.

Sounds fair enough to me. I've always said it's up to the Scots themselves. But if things go t*ts up it's up to them to sort it out. I fully agree that
one should be responsible for one's own actions, something which is sorely lacking in the world today.

manc grecian

The exoticly named Zion Lights won for Labour in leafy Pennsylvania. Surprised by her majority given the demographics.

tavyred

Irony lost on you this morning Michael?

Still that nice Mrs Sturgeon is doing well so that should cheer you up.
Looks like BJ is going to feck the SNP right off with its Indyref2 request. Probably a good choice politically, without a referendum Sturgeon has to get on with governing rather than blather on about constitutional matters ad infinitum. Without a referendum to unite behind, it might also give the space for the nationalist infighting we saw earlier this year to take hold again.

Oldsmobile-88

The exoticly named Zion Lights won for Labour in leafy Pennsylvania. Surprised by her majority given the demographics.
Just had a image of a Rasta smoking a exotic cigarette walking along union Road 😎

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like BJ is going to feck the SNP right off with its Indyref2 request. Probably a good choice politically, without a referendum Sturgeon has to get on with governing rather than blather on about constitutional matters ad infinitum. Without a referendum to unite behind, it might also give the space for the nationalist infighting we saw earlier this year to take hold again.
I think the opposite will be the reality. Without a refendum, she can keep the grievance flag flying and not worry about actually governing as all the public service failings can continued to be blamed on not granting a referendum and "Westminster".

What Johnson should say imho is "ok then, you produce your plan for Independence and here's my proposed divorce settlement. Then we can see if you still want to put that to the people."

it is breathtaking that there is no plan, no budget, no clue on how I-S wil work and yet the SNP are demanding a referendum on it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is a rare event for me. But I actually voted for a candidate that won! In the Hampshire council election the Labour guy took the seat from the Conservative incumbent! He wasn't very good, didn't answer emails, as he spent to much time collecting rent money on his slum properties. Wonder how he'll influence planning decisions now!

manc grecian

Just had a image of a Rasta smoking a exotic cigarette walking along union Road 😎
Just realised who she is. Ex extinction rebellion. Should've read the pamphlet!

elginCity

With Labour strengthening in Wales, SNP looking at a potential majority, the Tories increased grip on England, seems a year of Covid platform, profile and media exposure has worked well for those in the spotlight.