• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joey Barton

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is though, for many on here still having a club seems to be enough, many just compare us to basket case clubs and say things could be worse.

It's laughable.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is though, for many on here still having a club seems to be enough, many just compare us to basket case clubs and say things could be worse.

It's laughable.
Laugh all you like PC. I honestly dont know why you carry on supporting the club if you arent getting what you desperately need from it. Follow the road that makes you happy, life is too short to do anything else.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Laugh all you like PC. I honestly dont know why you carry on supporting the club if you arent getting what you desperately need from it. Follow the road that makes you happy, life is too short to do anything else.
That approach would mean you would no longer have a football league club, many supporters who put a lot of money into the club have ambition for the club.

To just be left with those who couldn't care less about results, performances and progression wouldn't sustain anything.

Not sure why you struggle to comprehend this, it's glaringly obvious.

Red Bill

Says it all. As I approach the 50th anniversary of my first game nothing has changed. Notts County away 01/05/71 final day of that season in which we finished 9th - 50 years on and we are still ninth in the 4th bloody division- what was the point of it all?
50 years of entertainment?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
50 years of entertainment?
On the pitch ?? Certainly not.

geoffwp

That approach would mean you would no longer have a football league club, many supporters who put a lot of money into the club have ambition for the club.

To just be left with those who couldn't care less about results, performances and progression wouldn't sustain anything.

Not sure why you struggle to comprehend this, it's glaringly obvious.
Couldnt care less?? Where was that said other than in your post. I said I was happy with the 50 years I've had supporting the club and the progress it has made. I said promotion wasnt the ONLY factor in having a club I support. I asked why you continue with something you are patently unhappy with. I'm not sure why you are struggling to comprehend that when I've written it glaringly obviously.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldnt care less?? Where was that said other than in your post. I said I was happy with the 50 years I've had supporting the club and the progress it has made. I said promotion wasnt the ONLY factor in having a club I support. I asked why you continue with something you are patently unhappy with. I'm not sure why you are struggling to comprehend that when I've written it glaringly obviously.
You give the impression that results don't matter, progress doesn't matter, promotion doesn't matter.

If that was the attitude of a good number of our fans we simply wouldn't have a club.

You can disagree all you want however this is a fair reflection of the situation.

tonykellowfan

I think the problem is that some people are unrelentingly negative about everything associated with the club. The manager's sh1t, the players are rubbish and/or not trying etc etc.

As an example TPC you have moaned about Collins virtually all season, when he has for the most part been superb and one of our best players (probably 3rd behind Joel and Jay).

ExmouthMart

I think Joey Barton or similar is the last thing any of us would want at Exeter City. Say what you like about Tisdale but I know who I would rather have as the Manager of my Club. That confrontational in your face style is from the dark ages. His whole career is littered with incidents of the worse kind. Bristol Rovers must be desperate. If that is the path people want good luck.

geoffwp

I'll give you one thing PC, you're very good at inventing things. 😄