• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Season long loan next season then.
Well that is what MT and many others hope for. There has been talk (on here) that Reading want him to go on loan to a League One club next season.

Red Devon

Well that is what MT and many others hope for. There has been talk (on here) that Reading want him to go on loan to a League One club next season.
Maybe he will 😉

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not just talk here. He implied that pretty strongly in a video interview a few weeks ago. It might still be us.

Anyway, he's an ambitious young guy, he ought to be aiming to step up a level every season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We'll be needing a quality goalkeeper for next season, plus one youngster that is ready to step up. No idea if Jack Arthur or Harry Lee are at that stage yet.

andrew p long

We'll be needing a quality goalkeeper for next season, plus one youngster that is ready to step up. No idea if Jack Arthur or Harry Lee are at that stage yet.
I'm not optimistic. Harry Lee will probably be off to Chelsea or another of the Premiership clubs where he has trained. Jack Arthur has been behind Lee in the pecking order for the first team even though 2 (3?) years older. The downside with a young professional keeper as cover for the first choice is that if the first choice is injured and the 18+ aged professional keeper is fit, then the youngster has to play - you can't get an emergency loan. So if we're splashing the cash that will surely mean not taking too many chances with keepers.

DawlishBouy

I'm not optimistic. Harry Lee will probably be off to Chelsea or another of the Premiership clubs where he has trained. Jack Arthur has been behind Lee in the pecking order for the first team even though 2 (3?) years older. The downside with a young professional keeper as cover for the first choice is that if the first choice is injured and the 18+ aged professional keeper is fit, then the youngster has to play - you can't get an emergency loan. So if we're splashing the cash that will surely mean not taking too many chances with keepers.
Stevenage were allowed to sign Stockdale as emergency cover despite having a fit 21 year old keeper.
edit - thinking about it he might have been signed on the last day of the transfer window.

Trapdoor

Jokul is very good. Would love him to be here next year. Cant see it myself but I live in hope.

grecIAN Harris

Jokul is very good. Would love him to be here next year. Cant see it myself but I live in hope.
It depends how Reading view the situation and what guarantees they can get from A N Other club. They know he is happy and settled here which goes a long way for improving a young player. They know he is almost certainly going to be first choice here and that we will be doing all we can to help improve him for our own benefits aswell as theirs. Can they rely on that anywhere else?

ExmouthMart

I still think we should try and sign him permanently if theres a chance we can. Who talks about Maxted or Ward now?! Gives the team a lift and you know he’s going to make mistakes but he seems to have something about him. If we sign him and he continues to improve he will come to the attention of the bigger clubs quicker than being a squad player at Reading.

grecIAN Harris

I still think we should try and sign him permanently if theres a chance we can. Who talks about Maxted or Ward now?! Gives the team a lift and you know he’s going to make mistakes but he seems to have something about him. If we sign him and he continues to improve he will come to the attention of the bigger clubs quicker than being a squad player at Reading.
Reading obviously still rate him so they're not going to sell him, are they?