• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cheltenham Town FC Official Matchday Thread (3pm kick-off)

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
So upset by that, we deserved better, well played lads!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So we concede and chuck Fisher and Seymour on.

One criticism of Taylor is his use of subs, too predictable and not very proactive.

Last edited:

milts

Can’t miss chances like Taylor and Wilmott did and not expect to get punished.

jimbo-gould

That’s hard to take.

Thought we kept their attacking threats quiet all game. The defence seemed really good until that final long throw. Between Wilmott Bowman and Taylor we had good chances to score, which one of should have been taken. Jay pretty anonymous today, credit to them for taking him out of the game.

They took their chance and we didn’t. Annoying.

Cheltenham don't deserve to win this. Sickening.
They deserve it because they make the most of what they've got and what they created. Whereas we don't.

With a couple of minutes to go in a vital game who would you put money on to score a scrambled, ugly winner? Us or them?

It's why they are where they are and why we aren't where we want to be.

Sort of defines Citys season. So nearly but just not quite good enough. This was a game that City needed to win if they have any ambitions for promotion.
I could not agree more but how many times over the years have they done it? As my Torquay supporting friend says it is the hope that kills you.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't think anyone would have made a difference when there's 2 minutes left!

Albumen

Ahhhhh. Very very frustrating. They didn’t deserve that. Hard to blame anyone for that.

I’m still confident that we will be playing for something come the end of the season. Not writing it off just yet.
If I had one gripe it’s that we looked so much better against them when we switched to a back 4... but I can see the logic in playing it tight in the first 60 mins.

heartbreaking way to lose.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Needed atangana on for that corner. FFS. Didn’t deserve that, played well in difficult conditions, defended really well. Can’t believe that late kick in the f****ing bollox.

F***ing Cheltenham can just f*** off.
Never need Atangana on. Sickening result, should have been one nil up before they scored with Willmott through and Randall supporting and the better opportunities falling to Bowman but hey ho, we move on.

Topsham Boy

Agree. Looks like the playoffs......again!!!
Can we please practice taking better corners and practice how to defend long throws.