• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Walsall Matchday Thread

Legohead

Banned
If we give the service to Fisher then he's capable of scoring. I was at a Notts County v Yeovil game about 2/3 years back as my mate from Notts thought it would be a good idea to go to pass an evening. Yeovil surprisingly won 4-0 i think and Fisher got a couple. Some clinical finishes and an impressive display which stuck in my mind. Therefore i have seen that he has some ability in that regard. He needs consistent and quality service though and we just don't provide this.

This is no excuse for not working hard and not putting yourself about, which is my criticism of Fisher. He has a languid style yes, but he's also bone idle based on the very few occasions i've seen him in an Exeter shirt. Including last weekend obviously.

If he does nothing all game but scores a couple then you could argue fair enough, he's at least contributed. If he does nothing all game and doesn't score then this is not acceptable.

Smithyno6

Feed the Fish ?

Do Clinton Morrison or Sam Parkin fancy a run out?

Our defence and him make me feel so flat about tonight after Saturday. Fingers crossed though!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we give the service to Fisher then he's capable of scoring. I was at a Notts County v Yeovil game about 2/3 years back as my mate from Notts thought it would be a good idea to go to pass an evening. Yeovil surprisingly won 4-0 i think and Fisher got a couple. Some clinical finishes and an impressive display which stuck in my mind. Therefore i have seen that he has some ability in that regard. He needs consistent and quality service though and we just don't provide this.
He bagged a hat trick that day.

Highlights | Notts County 0-4 Yeovil Town - YouTube

I think Steve Flack got a hatrick once 🙄

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I sense that you hold to the view that The Fish is capable of more than nearly everybody else on these boards thinks Chap ?

What say you ?
I don't think Fisher is a terrible league 2 striker, I think he could do a job.

His record at Yeovil was a goal every four games, during that period Yeovil were generally a very poor side. For us Bowman is generally a one in three man, we are generally a good league 2 side and we create quite a few chances. I think Fisher would have scored goals this season if he had played the number of minutes Bowman has.

Fisher is never going to achieve anything the way he has been utilised this season, what did people expect him to do on Saturday ? Hit the ground running with a dominant performance despite having no rhythm or match sharpness ??? Very unrealistic. Most strikers need game time otherwise you will get very little out of them.

Last season Fisher was given a run of starts (around November 2019), he scored three goals in five games during that period, clearly that is a decent run, he then got injured.

As with Ajose Taylor must have rated Fisher at the start of last season otherwise he wouldn't have signed him, clearly neither signing has worked out, that isn't solely down to the player. It's down to a combination of circumstances.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I sense that you hold to the view that The Fish is capable of more than nearly everybody else on these boards thinks Chap ?

What say you ?
One would like to believe so Al, but I fear our frugivorous friend is just courting controversy (again) just to get a bit of attention.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
One would like to believe so Al, but I fear our frugivorous friend is just courting controversy (again) just to get a bit of attention.
Don't judge others by your own methods 2k.

Rosencrantz

Fish might arguably match the scoring rate of Bowman if given the games but one thing he doesn't replicate Bowman on is his general play. He might be 6'3 but he is not really a target man, not as mobile and does not cover the ground Bowman does. Hence why he is on the bench and Bowman starts. Even a "low energy" Seymour had more effect on Saturday's game until he went off. Would be reasonably surprised if Fisher starts tonight. Much more likely to go back to 4-2-3-1 with Seymour starting, supported by MJ, Randall and Willmott.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fish might arguably match the scoring rate of Bowman if given the games but one thing he doesn't replicate Bowman on is his general play. He might be 6'3 but he is not really a target man, not as mobile and does not cover the ground Bowman does. Hence why he is on the bench and Bowman starts. Even a "low energy" Seymour had more effect on Saturday's game until he went off. Would be reasonably surprised if Fisher starts tonight. Much more likely to go back to 4-2-3-1 with Seymour starting, supported by MJ, Randall and Willmott.
I don't disagree with any of that.

IndoMike

Which means we need to keep it on the ground - despite Seymour's neat header last week. If the pitch is smooth enough and if our defense doesn't just hoof it
then our passing game is our strong point and we don't need the big striker so much.