• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I read that column it seemed to have the heavy hand of a pr person all over it.
I think it was proof read by Ajose.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
In which case why allow him use of the gym? Why not just release him now and pay up his contract?
Paying up the contract uses the money up anyway with nothing in return.
I suppose because we are getting some value out of him on the coaching side (Jake Taylor mentioned this)
Plus, when the training ground pitches come into play soon Ajose will resume training and may get a few games towards the end of the season.

Having said that I think Matt said a few months back that there were a couple of players he would be OK with if they found a new club.
It's an assumption but Ajose was probably one of those - it just hasn't happened.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paying up the contract uses the money up anyway with nothing in return.
I suppose because we are getting some value out of him on the coaching side (Jake Taylor mentioned this)
Plus, when the training ground pitches come into play soon Ajose will resume training and may get a few games towards the end of the season.

Having said that I think Matt said a few months back that there were a couple of players he would be OK with if they found a new club.
It's an assumption but Ajose was probably one of those - it just hasn't happened.
Agreed. You also can't just release players and pay up their contracts, the players have to agree.

IndoMike

Aside from the frustration of not using/not being able to use Ajose, this situation can"t be very good for what remains of his playing career.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. You also can't just release players and pay up their contracts, the players have to agree.
So he either hasn't been offered or hasn't agreed?

Langer

I shall be throwing an Exeweb party when this is resolved.

Alistair20000

This clearly isn't good enough from Ajose or Taylor.

“Nicky is doing his gym work and doing bits and pieces, but it is what it is at the moment,” Taylor added. “We are training on the astroturf, partly to look after the pitches and we are training so little, we can’t get on the grass, we are just walking through bits and pieces on the astroturf.

“That’s Nicky’s prerogative, that he doesn’t want to train on the astroturf. I have no problem with that."
I have a feckin' huge problem with that given the remuneration package Ajose is on. :mad:

iscalad

I have a feckin' huge problem with that given the remuneration package Ajose is on. :mad:
How much is he on?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
How much is he on?
Way too much.

iscalad