• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow v Exeter Matchday Thread (take 2) - GAME OFF

ChrisWickens

Please not another postponement, ....... And a better picture from ifollow would be nice too. Was I the only one with a worse than usual picture quality for the last match?
I watched the Bradford game on the computer and thought it was very sharp, and I do enjoy the replays. As for another postponement I wouldn't be surprised, saw their highlights on Quest from Saturday and it looked as they had been ploughing up the area to the right of the camera

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Was I the only one with a worse than usual picture quality for the last match? Assuming it goes ahead, I think we'll win 3-0. Bowman, Jay & Randall.
It happens sometimes. Three possible solutions 1) hit refresh 2) close the tab and start again 3) try a different browser.

There is a thread on iFollow that is worth reading and putting comments on, rather than fill the match day thread.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've found the picture in ifollow a bit more iffy recently.

I think it is to do with the overall increase in internet traffic, I suspect there are nodes in the system that are struggling to operate at the required data rate.
I had this problem against Carlisle; early on in the second half it looked as if the camera lens was all misted up and it stayed like that for the rest of the game. But it was fine against Bradford. I think you have correctly identified the reason why..

Grecian Max

The image has been fine for me every game this season so I disagree about the traffic issue. Keep your browsers update, have a half decent connection (possibly a challenge in some areas!) and there shouldn't be a problem..

I use Chrome then plug directly into my 58" telly via my laptop (rather than a dongle) and it looks great.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
12 Noon, not 12pm. I love Barrow already!
snow forecast at 8pm for two hours. Best time of the day in Barrow is 5pm - cant they just bring the kick off forward?

tonykellowfan

The image has been fine for me every game this season so I disagree about the traffic issue. Keep your browsers update, have a half decent connection (possibly a challenge in some areas!) and there shouldn't be a problem..

I use Chrome then plug directly into my 58" telly via my laptop (rather than a dongle) and it looks great.
The traffic issue will hit people differently depending where you are. Some people will get excellent pictures.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Carlisle's home game has been postponed.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Carlisle's home game has been postponed.
If this carries on they really are going to be struggling to get their games in. I can see them playing Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday at the end of the season.

OmanGrecian

Seems to be taking a while. Hairdryers out on the pitch?

Red Devon

Must be 50/50 half an hour seems a long time for an update.