• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage v Exeter City Matchday Thread

MT has just said McArdle's injury is a 'gash in a nasty place.' Stevenage?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well it's been about ten years since i last started a matchday thread. Granted it wasn't pretty, but we won. That's all i care about.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ouch Bollox

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
“A nasty gash in his private parts” says Matt - ouch x 1,000 😳

All the best Rory.

Legohead

Banned
Disappointing performance in terms of tempo and creativity but we worked really hard as a unit and the one goal was all we needed. We snuffed out Stevenage really well and never looked in danger of conceding.

My concern is that we again created very little, apart from the Jay header that hit the post really and Bowmans second half header and we'd be looking at another below par performance and a draw if it weren't for McArdle.

Seymour doesn't cut it for me unfortunately.

Overall its one of those games where we ground out the win but better sides would have seen us punished.

All in all a hard shift by most in an uninspiring showing but it's points on the board and that's the main thing I guess.

Those commentators were atrocious. Is this par for the course with ifollow games?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Disappointing performance in terms of tempo and creativity but we worked really hard as a unit and the one goal was all we needed. We snuffed out Stevenage really well and never looked in danger of conceding.

My concern is that we again created very little, apart from the Jay header that hit the post really and Bowmans second half header and we'd be looking at another below par performance and a draw if it weren't for McArdle.

Overall its one of those games where we ground out the win but better sides would have seen us punished.

All in all a hard shift by most in an uninspiring showing but it's points on the board and that's the main thing I guess.

Those commentators were atrocious. Is this par for the course with ifollow games?
You're forgetting Seymour's cut in and shot deflected into the side netting. If you're counting Ryan's header, then it's only fair to give Ben credit for his attempt 😉

McArdle had a free header at the back post from a corner which he he should have done better with as well. But otherwise, not a night for chances. Especially for both teams in the second half.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster

It wasn't a classic but it wasnt actually a bad performance and we showed plenty of fight that has been missing in our game of late. I dont agree about Seymour. I thought he was full of running and his movement was decent. He occupied defenders and was industrious in a front line that was not really given much other than long balls.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's sacrificed his left nut for the cause. Always a Grecian from now on as far as I'm concerned.

Legohead

Banned
Bowman put himself about. A handful for opposition defenders. Seymour looks too lightweight but he's only a young lad i guess. To not be unkind, lets just say improvement is needed but we all see things differently i guess. We looked so well organised though and tidy at the back for a change. Enjoyed watching the lads live though for the first time since i went Northampton away last Feb!

Albumen

It’s pretty much what both Morecombe and Carlisle did to us. Take those wins everyday. Especially with key players missing.
I am not a fan of the 532, but it worked today.