• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Four players sign new contracts

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Then what does Josh signing a new contract have to do with Joel? Why bring it up in the first place?

The last contract Joel signed was to reflect his status in the squad. This looks to be the same for Josh now. Joel is at a different stage with interest in him from other clubs as you say. Of course if Joel progresses the way he has he will move on at some point. So will Josh if he keeps progressing.

You brought Joel up 😉
OK cool these announcements without Randell included just means we're sorting out that contract later and he'll stay for 3 years

The reality is, he has 1 year left - if an extension was going to happen it would be now, we wouldn't deliberately push it to the summer.... logic

Colesman Ballz

Big Nige is sleeping on the offer of a new 2 year deal.
Au contraire, more likely he's not sleeping, worried where on earth his next deal will come from ? 😎

budegrecian

Diabate signed his first pro deal in the summer along with Lewis Wilson and Louis Morison, I believe . I wonder what the future holds for the later two.

ryancooper327

Diabate signed his first pro deal in the summer along with Lewis Wilson and Louis Morison, I believe . I wonder what the future holds for the later two.
Truro or Tiverton, probably.

It does indeed. It says that he hasn't signed a new deal. It doesn't mean he won't. Given the interest he has been subject to, I am sure his advisors are telling him to hold fire. Let's see how the rest of the season pans out. Fingers crossed he is a L1 Player with us next season.

Not a hope! They"re League Two players at best!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Truro or Tiverton, probably.
My money is on Bath City.

Rosencrantz

OK cool these announcements without Randell included just means we're sorting out that contract later and he'll stay for 3 years

The reality is, he has 1 year left - if an extension was going to happen it would be now, we wouldn't deliberately push it to the summer.... logic
And where have I said Joel will be here for that long 🙂. We have either offered him a contract or are going to offer him a contract and he will either sign that contract (hopefully) or not (more likely). Most likely is that if he keeps performing he will be off at some point in the next 18 months, hopefully for a fee the club are happy with.

We knew all that anyway. Why does four new contracts for other players in different circumstances make it an even more hotter topic than what it was. It's all to do with MJ, Josh, Harry and Cheick. It's good news for them. What happens with Joel is separate from this news.

andrew p long

As of Saturday 5pm I now understand more of MT's remark that 'Harry Kite's going to play (this season)'

Time for Harry Kite (and Will Dean) to get their opportunities in midfield.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have high hopes for Kite.

Red Devon

I have high hopes for Kite.
He’ll be flying